• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Miranda
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Right? That’s what I’m thinking
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Wow that's a lot of work CJ! I bet it's exciting to see all the stuff though. Good luck to you on your new venture. Is there a way to get someone to come help with your mother? That's a lot to handle. We FINALLY got our container delivery confirmed. The good news is that they can hold it at the port and not open it until it gets to the house. The only bad news is that it will cost about $600 to hold it but, at the end of the day, that's about how much it would cost for one of us to fly back from Russia to meet it if it came next week so six of one, half a dozen of the other. I just hope all my starbucks mugs survived the journey! We have about 80 of them from all over the world. I think I packed them well enough but we'll see. The people who own our rental home are here in Denmark for the month. The seem super nice and appear to be really happy that we are their renters. We'll get together with them when we get back from Russia. It's hard to believe we're headed there in just a few days. So much has been happening that I haven't given the trip a second thought. I'm really looking forward to touring the Winter Palace and seeing the subways in Moscow. They are supposed to be amazing!
  3. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

But if it's a niche market, aren't there better avenues than putting it on FB marketplace? FB marketplace is kind of a digital yardsale IMO. Then again, it got shared here so perhaps they are counting on other miniaturists sharing it.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

That's crazy! I can't believe they did that and then made her pay for it! I would have been livid.   
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I will never understand why miniaturists do this to themselves. The market for fully finished projects is so small. I get charging that for a commission but I don't know that the market will support a price like that.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that's a steal for a house that nice!
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks for the offer Anna! One of us really needs to be here though so we can direct traffic. We have some really heavy pieces of furniture that need to go on different levels so it's best if we can be here to tell them where to put things. I'm actually not sure how they are logistically going to get it here. These roads are narrow! Mostly, the things I'm most concerned about getting are building materials. Things like little dowels, slats of balsa/bass wood, metal rods/piping, sheets of matboard. That's the kind of stuff that's been proving hard to find. It's going to be really important too because my Willow is half scale and there just isn't a lot of furniture out there for half scale so I'm anticipating having to make most of it myself. The only place I've found that has stuff like that is Stelling but they only have one or two stores in Copenhagen. I know I can order stuff online from Birthe but a lot of times I like to hold things before purchasing and with her being way up in Randers it makes it impossible to do that
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

So good news bad news. We FINALLY know when we can get our stuff. The bad news is that they are saying they can deliver it next week....when we are in Russia. Oof. Josh told them multiple times that we would not be around next week but apparently never said it in writing. We're hoping they can just deliver it the week after. The only scary thing is they are saying they would have to unload the container into a warehouse which Josh and I are 100% against. We do NOT want that container opened at all. That is just asking for stuff to go missing. I can't think about my beautiful Moroccan tea set just sitting in a warehouse with who knows passing by. So, we'll see. I know I sound paranoid but we had close friends lose THEIR ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD CONTAINER from storage. Thank goodness she had taken all of her family photos in the car with her. Everything was gone. They never found out what happened to it. I'm just excited to have access to my minis again! I am bored out of my mind right now and so far the hunt for a good craft store has resulted in pretty much nothing
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

YOu can just say you've decided to have a Danish bathroom! All of the bathrooms in my house have walk in showers. In fact, the one on the main floor doesn't even have any kind of separation between the bathroom and the shower. It's all one big room. At first I thought it was a bit weird but I actually think it will be great if my mom ever visits. It's much safer for her to not have to step over anything. An added plus is that it is soooooo easy to clean. I know it's frustrating to have to pull it all out but you will be thankful when it's done and you know you can be safe.
  10. I did! I moved from the US to Denmark a few weeks ago. All my mini stuff is still on a boat!
  11. It's been so long since I was able to work on anything. I can't wait to get back to doing projects again. I too got into a bit of a slump with the Casa. I think I just ended up doing so much experimenting with other things that not much work got done on the house and it just kind of languished unfinished for a long time. Then the move came up and everything went out the window. I have to say, I really loved doing my small room box. I'm looking forward to getting my little Paris Cafe to work on before I dive into my Willow or my Glencroft. I think it will be good to have a successful project before moving on to something more difficult. I think those "wins" we get really motivate us.
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Kidney stones are the worst!! Ive had 4 and they were all horrid, you have my sympathy!
  13. My McKinley Restoration (and modification)

Holy cow, this looks amazing! you are doing such a great job. I can't wait to see more. I really love how you did the staircase. That turned out beautiful!
  14. Spanish tile staircase

Gorgeous!!
  15. Interior view of Jarrell Manor

Whoa!!! That’s a big boy!