About SewMini

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Miranda
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Interview today went really well! There was a snafu with the time difference so I briefly thought they had blown me off but all is well. I think I presented as a strong candidate who knows their stuff. They seemed to really like me. The deputy ED even said she loved my “personal” section and said it was the best she had maybe evr seen. I may or may not have mentioned I do miniatures Cafe is allllllllmost done! I’ll try to upload some pics again soon. For some reason the website wouldnt let me do it using my phone over this weekend. Im currently waiting for my nightmare of a chandelier to dry. Not sure how well it will turn out.
  2. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I used hot glue instead of wood glue.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

I think the Legoland in CA is actually a bit nicer. This was fun but Josh and Maya wanted to walked around the park while I could have spent the two days just staring at all the Miniland buildings. They had soooo many cool things. Working locks, trucks that drove along winding streets, whales that sprayed water! Just so much fun to look at. It’s close to the end of the season here so the weather was typically crummy.   
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

OMG how cute is that! That would totally make a cozy English cottage living room
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

I'm so dishearted. It sounds like it was a bad situation then. I do hope she comes back at some point.    I got a lot of little things done yesterday on the cafe. I finished up all the pastry components and made the pastry case. A lot of very careful work as I had to cut and assemble these tiny Laduree containers for the macarons and then put the macarons in them. Each container also had a little plaque so I had to cut those out too. I may need to invest in those jewelers glasses soon! I think I only have 3 or 4 pages of stuff left to do. I still haven't glued the top floor onto the bottom as it instructs you to. Mostly because I have no idea how they expect you to be able to access stuff properly. I'll wait until the very end to do that.  Today we're off for Legoland in Billund. It's a bit of a make up trip because I had to give up my trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that I had planned to go on back in March to celebrate my 40th (very early lol). We ended up going to Denmark that week instead. It's no HP World but I do love Legos so it will be fun. Thankfully it's only 4 hours away so Elsa, who now has dilated cardiomyopathy but is still doing ok, only has to stay at the hound spa for one night. 
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

Whoa did something happen?
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

OH you guys, cross all your minis for me. I got an interview for a remote position for an international non-profit. It's a legit job (there are a lot of shady remote jobs out there) with Climate Action Network International. Tax issues aside (because I'd be a US Citizen working for a German NGO living in Denmark), this would be the perfect situation for us. I would stay in my field, continue to make money, and be home for Maya as well as Elsa, our aging boxer who has significant health issues and needs medicine 3 times a day. It's a job I can care about which is really important to me. Environmental issues always been near and dear to my heart. I remember when I was 13, I sent a letter to Bush I asking him to commit to saving the rainforests in Brazil. Ah, youth.  Anyway, fingers crossed it goes well! Also, fun fact: I actually have on my resume in the personal section that I do miniatures lol. I also added in that I do costume sewing. Perhaps that's why they reached out so quickly. "This lady does minis and sewing? She DEFINITELY has an eye for detail!"
  8. Hello from the natural state

Yes! It's super cute and only took me a couple days to do. I have it next to my bed. It makes me happy every time I see it  
  9. Hello from the natural state

Welcome Sylvie! The cute room kits are fun but a challenge too! I think the Paris Cafe Im working on is one of the more elaborate but I also did the Happy Time kit which was a lot of fun. 
  10. Decoration of front closing house

The palace that is close to my house has a ton of these heaters and they’re all besutiful. They are also, of course, all Danish blue.
  11. Elizabeth

Dolls usually creep me out but this one is beautiful!
  12. Desk Calendar front

I have to say, as much as I complain, I really do love working in this scale. Makes me sad that my glencroft isnt 1:24
  13. Desk Calendar

From the album Paris Cafe

This tiny thing was the bane of my existence last night. It took me over an hour to make it. The final result looks really good though. Here you can see the back side and if you look really close, you can see that I made September the month shown (it came, inexplicably, with 8 months) and circled the 27th as that is my birthday. The big 4-0 this year!
  14. Desk Calendar front

This is the other side. So how this gets put together is you cut a piece of cardboard out according to a template then glue black cut outs (part of the kit) to each side. You score, fold and glue. Then you cut out these tiny little calendar pieces and glue those on. Easy enough, right? But wait, there's more! Then you get the joy of cutting out 8 0.8 cm pieces of black wire, bending them and then gluing them to the top. THAT is what took me a million years.
  15. Bending wire

Here is how small each bent wire is. It takes a bit of adjusting too because they have to be tight enough to stay up while they dry but wide enough to span the bend of the calendar at the top