About SewMini

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Miranda
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

We ended up saying goodbye to Bacon today. He took a turn for the worse and it was just time. He was my buddy and I’ll miss him. Poor Josh didnt even get to be there to say goodbye. He had been hospitalized since this morning but we decided to emd his suffering. Maya and I brought him a hamburger from McDonalds as a parting gift. Now he can run free.
  2. What's everyone working on?

Well I ordered the Shapeway figurines so that's the hardest part out of the way. I can cobble together the rest with my own supplies. Getting the Freddie and Jim were really important and I don't want to wait too long because i can't build anything until those come in. I want to make sure the house is big enough for them. She really only wants 3 rooms decorated anyway. The whole house will be closed off so you wont be able to access anything. It's really just there for a glimpse. 
  3. What's everyone working on?

It was pricey but I was able to get a few things from Shapeways Freddie: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DKHZRNEE6/printle-thing-piano-singer-1-48?optionId=75106282 Grand Piano: https://www.shapeways.com/product/H8QUSKCLM/1-48-concert-grand-piano?optionId=43241045&li=marketplace Jim Hutton: https://www.shapeways.com/product/PPHNPBCA4/printle-c-homme-1119-1-48-wob?optionId=65598049&li=marketplace Fingers crossed they are all actually 1:48 scale! Maya picked out 4 cats from Barbara Ann Meyer's page but those will have to wait a little bit. These figurines from Shapeways were $50 and I still have no idea if I will have to pay import tax and processing on them. They were priced in Euros so fingers crossed they will just appear one day.
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Ugh I have the same problem!! It’s practically impossible to find mini supplies here. My best bet is to order from neighboring EU countries. It’s so frustrating. They do have art stores but they pretty much exclusively sell paint supplies. I was so spoiled in the US with an art store that had wood and metalworking supplies. The one big craft store here, Panduro, is a joke. It’s basically the kids section of every craft store in the US.
  5. What's everyone working on?

Hmmmmmmm this could be dangerous!  
  6. What's everyone working on?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reminding me of Shapeways! I found a seller in France who has a piano singer on a bench and a grand piano that he's going to try to produce in 1:48 scale for me. We just need to add a figurine for his partner, Jim Hutton, out in the garden. If only we could get 3D printed cats that small  Freddie had endless amounts of cats. I went through my stash last night and I have the perfect sized piece of 1/4" ply for the base so we laid out the house and where the landscaping is. Fingers crossed I can get that Shapeways Freddie. Jeannine, I haven't seen a single shingle since I moved to Denmark. I was kind of shocked to realize that shingles are a bit of a North American thing. Looking back, most buildings I've seen in Europe are either tiled with some flavor of tile or flat slate. You could get them even more realistic by adding a bit of green drybrushing to look like moss growing. That seems to be a common issue here.
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

sam, I have to pay import duties on almost EVERYTHING here in denmark. If it comes from a professional seller I pay duties. The only way I don't is if the seller is really nice and lists it as a gift and even then the label can't look too formal or like it's from a website. Any of that will trigger import taxes. 
  8. What's everyone working on?

She wants a little 3 D Freddie sitting at the piano playing so a 2D cut out wont do @Keifer what about doing a small themed scene for the holidays to put out in the house? That might be a quick build to get the mojo flowing again?
  9. What's everyone working on?

Want to help me fogure out how to make a tiny freddie mercury?  
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

It should be a really fun build. The house looks simple enough. Im just planning on doing the whole thing out of matboard to make things easy on myself. I plan on putting my silhoutte to good use!  She’s doing all the research on the house so we know what it should look like. She wants the inside to have just enough decor that it looks “lived in” but nothing crazy. It will be just somethibg to look at, not play with so that helps. It’s going to be a challenge finding lights for it, though.
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Maya and I have decided to embark upon a brainchild project: A miniature replica of Freddie Mercury’s home “Garden Lodge.” We’re borh HUGE Queen fans but Maya really loves Freddie Mercury. She’s one of those “misfits in the back of the room that don’t belong” that was talked about in the movie  It’s going to be 1:24 scale. Maybe even smaller depending on the total footprint she wants. So far we are just going to build the house and kind of decorate the main room with his piano. We’re going to do the house and the garden. Maya wants to find a way to add a music box that plays Bohemian Rhapsody. It should be a really fun project!  
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Thank you! I was so confused lol. I couldnt remember what to look for
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Im assuming the new trade deals changed things. I could be wrong though! 
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Two words: Import taxes