About SewMini

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Miranda
  1. Chandelier question

does Radio Shack even exist anymore? I thought they closed all of their retail stores. I thoughts about checking Home Depot but their website didnt have anything so I figured the store wouldnt either.
  2. Chandelier question

Giving chandelier making a Go! I actually only live 30 min from Oak Ridge Hobbies so I drove there today. I was super diappointed to find that they only had a few lightbubs available. I can order some but I thought I’d soldier on with the 3 I was able to buy. I went to Joanns ans got some bead caps, spacers and some silver  spacer tubes. I had some brass tubing left from made my door. Rather than cutting that with wite cutters, I sawed it with my miter box. Probably should have used a saw meant for metal as the teeth on my saw are now worn down but it worked. Sawing it as opposed to using wire clamps ensures the tubing doesnt get crimped. A quick run over the ends with some fine grit sand paper evened everything out. Once I got the tubing cut, I glued it to the spacer.   Then I ran the bulb wires through a short tube and pushed the tube up to cover the connection between the bulb and the wires.   Not ideal since I cant change the bulb but it looks good so far. The scary part comes tomorrow when I try to bend it!  
  3. Some plants with and without chalk accents

I need to make some of these for my shop! My daughter loves succulents. These look great!
  4. Start of the veggie plate

Can I put a request in for jalapenos and avocado? I like my tacos spicy!
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Uggggh I know! I'm dying. It's a beauty.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Lawbre Painted lady https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/d/lawbre-1-scale-dollhouse/6476586206.html    
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

This is 30 minutes from me AND I'M MOVING! LOOK AWAY!!!!!!! https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bab/d/vintage-farmhouse-dollhouse-1/6494950882.html
  8. An interesting turn of events

Ooooh that sounds great. We're actually looking in Holte and Virum which are both right next to Farum so that's perfect. Are you in Malmo? I can't wait to find out more about the miniature work shop week in June. Maybe I'll be there in time for it.
  9. An interesting turn of events

It's officially official! As of June 1 we will be Danes!! We're all super excited and can't wait to get there and get settled. First, though we have about a million things to take care of here before we leave. GAH!!! I can't believe it's actually happening!
  10. Re upholsted sofa

Right?! Raise your hand if you wan to live in the Manor!
  11. What's everyone working on?

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Our furbabies are so dear aren't they? It's tough when we have to say goodbye. Well, the countdown is on to Daddy/Daughter trip 2018 and that means a whole week of freedom for me! I have some stuff to do in the house while they are away but it's generally in good shape so I may relax a bit. No costumes, no meetings, no nothing. I smell a week of miniature work coming! It's the perfect time to try tackling a multi-bulb chandelier.
  12. IMG_2201.jpg

So lovely!
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Someone has some serious cajones!  
  14. TrainSide.jpg

This has me wanting to make a miniature Hogwarts Express!
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

He always comes to me because I'm his cosplay godmother and I charge him basically nothing.  He's a really sweet young man and we enjoy collaborating together. He's the only person who could have pulled me out of sewing retirement. I love costuming but it's super time consuming and he always asks me to make very challenging garments. I have a love hate relationship with all of them. The construction is always a pain and I find myself cursing his name once or twice mid process while questioning my life choices. In the end though, I've inevitably learned a new skill, added something epic to my portfolio and he blows everyone away at cons with his costume. The joy for me really is just in hearing about how it came off. He told me once that someone who is a Hollywood costumer/seamstress came up and asked about his original Kylo Ren that I made for him. Apparently, she said it was the best one she had ever seen and that it would totally pass on a real set. That, for me, was like winning the lotto!