Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Dutchie
  • Country Netherlands
  1. Hall.JPG

Where did you find this lovely floor? I love it.
  2. What's everyone working on?

A room with a view! That is so cool and clever. I will have to remember this.
  3. Bay window floors

This looks lovely! I love the colour of these floors. Question: how do you solve that the flooring makes the basefloor thicker and the fact that you see the different layers of material? Will you glue a strip of wood in front?   Dutchie
  4. You are right, that is what I ment, birch plywood. The limewood is to be used for beams (8x8 mm and 10x10 mm) (I use the website Interglot Translation for assistance sometimes, but made a mistake... )
  5. And I am reading, and reading on this forum ;-) I love it. And since I will not find time to start my house form a year or two, there is no harm gathering all the info I might need. It is a bit difficult for me to post pictures of my two former attempts, because they are at my brother's and my sister's house and they are hardwerking persons, like me, with not much free time on hand. Pics wil come someday soon.  I can, however, place a picture of the one I want to build, the plans are in Dutch, which is perfect for me, but they advice to use MDF or Multiplex, both not my favorites.  I prefer limewood or birch. I have already thought of a theme; the former house I build was the real house my grandfather build for his family (12 kids), he was the owner of greenhouses and land to grow vegetables on. My other grandfather had the same occupation, I will build this new project in his and my grandmother's honour. Especially hers, since she was such a lovely lady, tall and slim, caring and lovely. My grandfather was a small, strong and hardworking man with little o no understanding for little girls, haha. Once I stayed a few days with them and on the first day she asked: "do you like cauliflower?" I did, so we had a great meal, but since the land gave more cauliflower they could sell we ate cauliflower every dag... It took me very long to like eating the vegetable again... I have read that some of you name the house, I would like mine (in the future) to be called Margot, my grandmother's first name. (Pronounced as Margóó, but then with the famous Dutch 'G' ;-) The roof can be opened, and so can the front: the part on the right with balcony. The 'greenhouse or conservatory' on the left must look a bit more like a glass house with of course cauliflower and vines - grapes, her favorites.
  6. How much do you plan?

Neat!
  7. How much do you plan?

Yes, that is very nice, Havanaholly. Does it open?
  8. How much do you plan?

I started to read a lot on internet about dollshouses en made notes on a sheet. I have not started the build yet, but slowly the house is taking shape, bit by bit, in my mind. From the moment  I started to read the stories on this website about all of your fantastic creations my little list is becoming longer, hoping that I can use some of those ideas and materials in my own house. For example, someone mentioned Dutch doors and I will definetely make my frontdoor a dutch door! Love it.
  9. Aha.Thank you. Then this will be my third ;-) I wil start looking for pictures of my former creations. The first one was a simple kidshouse made from a plan in a magazine. The second house was the house I grew up in, an old fashioned  detached three story house. My sister, who bought it from our parents gave me the buildingplans to work with. My biggest mistake was to make it 1:10, I had not heard of 1:12 or 1:24! So I ended up with making the furniture myself ;-)
  10. Thank you. I have read that I must make my five posts before placing pictures?   Is a reply a post?
  11. Hi all, I am an older girl (55) from The Netherlands and I love woodworking. In the past few years I have made two dollhouses  for my two lovely nieces. The third one wil be for myself. I will make it from scratch, that is what I like. Since I will not by starting right now (the plan is to buy a new real home first) I want to read all about your dollshouses untill the real house purchased and completed. Then I will finf the time to actually build the dollshouse. I apologize for my English language, Dutch is my main language ;-)