Mid-life madness

Platinum Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Mid-life madness

1. Rabbits.png

Well, they are too cute! I love your idea, and look forward to watching it develop.
  2. Lead paint - what to do?

Have you read up online about lead paint abatement? Encapsulation sounds the easiest way to go. You might want to go to a paint store and talk to a professional. I found this product online https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=encapsulation+methods+for+removing+lead+paint&client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1760&bih=840&prds=epd:8261096768543863477,pid:8261096768543863477,prmr:3&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNwIyE7LDkAhUiMn0KHbSRBB4Q8wIIpAI
  3. Hello from Montana!

Hi Katrina, Welcome to the group. Is it the Greenleaf general store?  
  4. My interior doors

Very nice!
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I love pink dollhouses when they are this pretty muted color.
  6. Dollhouse Suggestion for Dad and 4yr old Daughter?

Yes, it is a lovely house.
  7. c.JPG

From the album Miniature Porcelain Dolls

Ethnic Edwardian couple painted wigged and dressed by me.
  8. Dollhouse Suggestion for Dad and 4yr old Daughter?

1:6 is Barbie sized,and named playscale, but 1:12 is the most popular scale and is offered in many child friendly formats.
  9. Dollhouse Suggestion for Dad and 4yr old Daughter?

Have you looked at the houses at Hobby Lobby? With their 40% off coupon you can get nice sturdy house for play,  that needs to be assembled and decorated but won't break the bank. They have a Greenleaf model and some Real Good Toys models.
  10. c.JPG

@Brezavaqt Thank you. I agree about ethnic dolls being hard to find. Some are such old stereo types it is sad. I am listing these on eBay tonight. If you get a chance, PM me and tell me what you think about my pricing etc.  
  11. Ms. Mabeline IMG-1276.JPG

I just finished this Lady. She has the best face. I bought the blank off of eBay and spruced up her make-up. I wigged and dressed her. .  
  12. z.JPG

13. g.JPG

14. a.JPG

Ethnic Edwardian couple painted wigged and dressed by me.

© Carrie lourenco

15. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

It was a joke, no need to get all mushy about it.
  16. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That person knows nothing about scale....those eggs are obviously too large for that little bird....I think he may be a bit of a Dodo bird to use such a nice house as a bird house.....
  17. Sewing Room cabinet

It is so pretty and feminine, I really like it..
  18. schoolhouse7.jpg

@Kells Oh Kelly, I am so glad you can laugh at it........I kinda thought the school house was situated near a nuclear power plant, and perhaps the teacher sells moonshine on the side. But seriously, the dolls could be spruced up and presentable very easily.
  19. schoolhouse9.jpg

This is a fun piece, it could be so many things. It reminds me of an old mill.
  20. schoolhouse4.jpg

When I see the unruly students, it explains the frazzled teacher! These guys could be fixed up and made more presentable too. Crazy wigs make for crazy dolls LOL!
  21. schoolhouse6.jpg

Is that after the cat got to it?  She could easily be rehabbed as well.
  22. Hurricane Dorian

Baton down the hatches and stay safe Sable.
  23. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

@Lily Putt Congratulations! I would love to see more pictures of it!
  24. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

@Elsbeth The artist was probably affected by the plastic resins in the doll making process...or he/she has never seen human eyes?
  25. Electricity and false walls...

I wallpapered onto cardstock templates and it helped.....https://livingtheminiaturelife.blogspot.com/2018/05/two-steps-forward-one-step-back.html I also used a solid piece of 1/32 birch scored to look like planks. It slides under the floor boards and is only tacked down with a few spots of glue. I haven't had to pull it out yet, so I don't know how successful it will be. Electrical is a real pain in the rear when something goes wrong. Mostly I just give up when a light stops working for no apparent reason. If I check the bulb etc...... I think false walls are good ideas......