Mid-life madness

Platinum Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Mid-life madness

1. Amazing Build

No kidding. I wonder how much it weighs. It was fun to watch, thanks for posting.
  2. IMG_6418.jpg

This is a gorgeous house, and so full of life. Congratulations on its completion. You should be very proud.
  3. Coventry Cottage/Spanish Ranch

I can't wait to follow along. I love the Spanish Ranch from the Doll Houses to Dream Houses Book.
  4. Foundation

I love the color scheme you have chosen, and your stones are lovely.
  5. Alice

Another beauty! You did an excellent job on her costuming. Alpha Stamps has all sorts of A in W empherma and trinkets for miniatures. I love the rabbit, he is perfect for her.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Maybe it’s the picture but I am ‘meh’ about it.
  7. First Carpet on Display in the Shop!

Gorgeous work!
  8. Christmas doll

She has beautiful hairdo and dress.
  9. Christmas doll

I love it Karin!
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

It sold  so stinkin' cheap.......shocking. I hope someone here got it! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-anne-dollhouse-by-Realgood-Toys/133141127374
  11. Can I get an amen!

I need a t-shirt like this!     https://www.amazon.com/About-Building-Dollhouses-Maybe-People/dp/1797636529/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=dollhouse+dolls+clothing&qid=1564863927&s=books&sr=1-16    
  12. 07bc469461ce9ef1d4ac542b9633fbef.jpg

That is a nice collection.
  13. Glencroft didn't come with window sheets

Keep your chin up Amanda! It is always onward and upward! Sorry to hear about your babies.
  14. Hurstwood Cottage Kitbash

That is an adorable cottage. Thanks for sharing pictures.
  15. Glencroft didn't come with window sheets

Dang girl....you are not having luck lately. You can contact GL to see, but last I heard they weren't replacing things unless you bought it from them. It is an easy fix, so don't stress over it. Contact them and ask.
  16. IMG-9510.JPG

What a nice house. I hope you daughter carries on doing miniatures when she is older.
  17. aa7930ab51a3f7b74577000c61a03d58.jpg

Okay, now I see the elves. They are perfect! Where did you get them?
  18. e68d2d28a794121c4b66668260078336.jpg

Is this for the elves or Santa?
  19. eb6bc9cc0d5f72b3e7ccbed29ce32e86.jpg

Lovely Christmas house.
  20. IMG_9768.JPG

Reindeer on the roof, how fun.
  21. Color Choices Real and Mini Houses

Just Gorgeous! Congratulations.
  22. VictorianTimesCatalog Cover-Page-01.jpg

This such a great piece of dollhouse history and a nice reference. Thanks for sharing.
  23. Weathered Cardboard Siding

I think wet. Go online and see what you think.  Or just by the medium and follow its directions.  
  24. Weathered Cardboard Siding

Did you paint over the glue when it was still wet? It has do with the glue drying with the acrylic on top of it. The drying makes the glue pull in on itself causing the cracks.
  25. Weathered Cardboard Siding

Try buying a Crackle medium. Plaid makes one and it is available at craft stores. I have used an old batch(It was 2 step) and it didn't work, so maybe you need something fresher. Just buy the  1 step crackle medium and it will save you the hassle.