Mid-life madness

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by Mid-life madness

1. On 4/8/2021 at 5:18 PM, justincayce12 said:

Did you like the Realife miniature kit? There is a seller on FB marketplace near me that has several unopened kits available. I'm not really ready for furniture yet but I'm wondering if I should jump on them.

I love them!  Just take your time with them. They are very old and can be warped or extremely dry. If the box is still sealed, they smell like my Grandmother's  house....which I like LOL!

• Thanks 1
  2. 6 hours ago, Shareb said:

That is really lovely!!  I have heard that while the kits turn out beautifully, they can be quite difficult to make.  Did you find that?

I will have to try some others and let you know.....As long as I have a picture, I can usually figure it out.

I think the material it matt board.

• Like 1
  3. 6 hours ago, Shareb said:

I have a friend who really struggled with a couple of these kits (not this one specifically).  With the fit and instructions I think.  How did you find it?

I bought 2 at the last Dallas mini show and never assembled them. Somebody mentioned them on MDL

and I went to their site.....I ordered several more.

• Like 1
  4. 38 minutes ago, fov said:

That turned out great! Just checked their site and they do have some nice kits. I wish they had 1:24 scale.

I noticed that as well.

I wonder why 1/24 is the orphaned scale of miniatures?