• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Please Select
  • Real Name Andrea
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

224 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I love the details of this too - especially the wallpaper.  When I see things like this I like to imagine who it was originally purchased for.  
  2. Replacing windows on the Beacon Hill

Thank you Mike - I may take you up on that if I can't order the replacement sheet.  
  3. Now what to do with the interior

I can't wait to see what you do with the interior.  I love me some Steampunk.  
  4. Replacing windows on the Beacon Hill

Thanks everyone.  I tried a practice one on a some acetate by just drawing on the lines (tracing the original) and my lines are so wobbly!  It's a good thing I'm not a surgeon.   I'm going to hold out for the replacement sheets but if that doesn't pan out I may give the nail art or the auto striping tape.  I do want to keep some of that dimension. Edited to add:  One of the reasons I want to replace them (other than the fact they are kind of groady looking) is it will make painting the house ever so much easier if I don't have to painstakingly tape of each window inside and out.  
  5. ...or more specifically - replacing the plastic/acetate inserts.   Does anyone have a DIY method for getting the crisp printed mullions?  Just replacing the windows would be easy enough - I can use plain acetate sheets and cut out the appropriate shape but I really don't want to lose the charm of the mullions.   I have reached out to Greenleaf customer service to see if they self replacement window plastic sheets, but, supposing they don't - Has anyone tried or heard of anyone replacing the windows on the Beacon Hill or any other house for that matter?
  6. Miniatures.com is having 20% off entire order until 4/21 with the code WHP3703
  7. 20170414-1848647660.jpg

From the album First Dollhouse

8. Attic stuff

From the album First Dollhouse

Assorted attic treasures
  9. What's everyone working on?

I was inspired by Jodi.  Ignore the cat pan.  It can't be helped.  And the odd paint job - the previous owner used this room as a nursery and I still haven't gotten around to painting after four years....  
  10. What's everyone working on?

I love seeing others work spaces.  I'm envious of how organized you are!  I have an entire office/craft room and it is a disaster.  
  11. MerrimackBathroom3.jpg

The wallpaper is a perfect touch   
  12. What's everyone working on?

I included that shot because I thought everyone could relate. :)  Realities of the hobby - cuts and paint.  At least it's my reality.  
  13. What's everyone working on?

Other than bashing out a wall here and there I'm mostly been making small things for the attic.  I did make a glass partition to place just to the right of the front door to make a bit of separation from the living room (one of the walls I removed was the dog-leg wall separating the foyer/dining area from the living room).   I'm waiting for some brass stampings to add decorative detail to the bottom part of the wall. I found a great resource for brass stampings - her prices are good*, huge selection and shipping is super fast.  No affiliation - just wanted to share:  vintagejewelrysupplies.com *at least I think they are - it's been a while since I purchased any brass stampings  
  14. Your real life dream home style

It's a climbing rose of unknown origin.  Vaguely Cecile Brunner-ish but the flowers are more of a blush than a pink.
  15. SC046.jpg

There is no way anyone would know this is miniature unless they were told so.  Just fabulous.