10 Good

About jessminiart

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Jessica

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. For the boxes, check out candy supplies. Like the ones for weddings and events. Also, bead and jewelry supplies. I typed in "Small acrylic box" on Etsy and got some shops. For the larger display cases, AC Moore used to carry box frames that were acrylic. They don't have them anymore but the art supply store, d*** Blick has them on their website and they aren't too expensive. You would just have to cut one more acrylic piece for the back. I am using one right now for a shop window and it is working very nicely. They come in different depths too. link to the frames: https://www.dickblick.com/products/mcs-clear-box-frames/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=17007-1905&gclid=CjwKCAjw6vvoBRBtEiwAZq-T1fRSH-GKtwniBxQsBb7QWOxr6STAbpD2qpQlQ1LhKOUHBlnZsxzVNRoCKYwQAvD_BwE
  2. I recently got a vintage farrow industries kit to make ketchup bottles, mustards, vinegars, etc. I have to cut out each of the labels, but I was wondering what kind of glue I should use to put them on the tiny plastic bottles? Any hints or tips would be helpful as well. Thanks!
  3. jessminiart

Halloween Shop

This was a small Halloween Shop I made in 2016.
  4. I love your color scheme.
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your process. I've been wanting to make plants like these and I always get intimidated. You made this so easy to follow!
  6. I've also had a lot of luck with the fat quarters at Joann's. I also check out the thrift stores a lot. And if you go on Etsy and search "Small print fabric" a lot of items come up for sale. Some sellers put a ruler or a quarter to show the scale, which is nice. https://www.etsy.com/market/small_print_fabric
  7. Really enjoyed flipping through your album and watching the progress. Your details are spot on and as a owner of a blue formica boomerang countertop kitchen, I love your kitchen.
  8. I love this! You really created a fun summer mood! Even the way the light is hitting the doll is fantastic.
  9. I love this! Thanks for sharing the fabric number. I've been looking for a something like that for some curtains.
  10. Hi Everyone, My name is Jessica. I live outside of Philadelphia and I have been interested in miniatures since I was about five years old. I used to spend a lot of time at my grandparent's Hallmark store where I would stare at a their wall of dollhouse furniture and displays. I used to get a lot of the sale and cast off items, which I would put in a cardboard box that I turned into a dollhouse. I had a bunch of dollhouses when I was younger, but unfortunately, I ended up giving them away as I moved to various places since space was an issue. Now that I have my own house with a craft room, I'm excited to start up the hobby again. For the past few years, I've been making small scenes and room boxes. I love to make retail scenes and I am currently working on a room box that looks like a mall. I also have about a dozen projects lined up for the future, but don't we all? Anyway, I'm really glad to join this forum and I hope that I can learn some new things, and share some information and tips too. Thanks for reading my intro.
  11. jessminiart

The Video Store

A small roombox from AlphaStamps that I made into a Video Store.
  12. jessminiart

JessMiniArt's Miniature Clay Projects

I just started getting back into polymer clay and it's been really fun so far. I am working on cookies and cakes to start. But I want to work on some other items as well.