• Last visited

10 Good

About Pantheropia

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Pamela
  1. I ONLY buy on sale. The "shorts" are usually $20. Did I mention 3000 shorts? Hello. Working on my Victorianna custom design store for my Thornhill. Last year I bought a box 3000 inlay banding shorts from inlays.com. Now, I'm going to cover the floors, ceilings and siding with banding. I'm hoping it will look like parquet designs. My latest experiment. It's my birthday weekend so I'll be playing all weekend on designing with inlays.
  2. Hello. Working on my Victorianna custom design store for my Thornhill. Last year I bought a box 3000 inlay banding shorts from inlays.com. Now, I'm going to cover the floors, ceilings and siding with banding. I'm hoping it will look like parquet designs. My latest experiment. It's my birthday weekend so I'll be playing all weekend on designing with inlays.
  3. My Thornhill mansion is a time machine occupied by time travelers. These travelers come from all over the galaxy and throughout time. There are six women aliens served by 20 anatomically correct "pool boys." The women are my alter egos and have different color hair and styles. Like me, they love bling and fabulous gowns. And they have a shoe closet. I was going to dress the pool boys in earth style clothes with pants and shirts, but then I decided g-strings would be more fun. Their clothing style is more like Roman or Egyptian warriors
  4. I am an inventor and I invented a new game which is called "pretend I found 1/24" Greenleaf furniture at a flea market and turned them into collector quality pieces." So far I plan to turn the piano into a giraffe piano, reverse assemble another giraffe piano but make it to a bar, sandwhich a fireplace between both of them, and voila a cool wall setting! Bespaq ain't got nothing on me.
  5. Yeah! Yes, this is the one. You found it. I found an old Star Trek bridge kit and some brass consoles for it that I can punch tiny holes in, put colored lights beneath and flicker them. What fun.
  6. Did I mention I am making most of lights? An artisan on EBay was getting rid of their dollhouse lighting stash jewelry findings and I won it. Can't wait to design and make some really unique pieces.
  7. I'm so glad I found people to share this adventure with. Let me tell you about my Thornhill's story: Last year I saw a London Victorian mansion for sale for about $7M. The was titled "a house that can fly." The owners had restored it to its original glory both inside and out, except for the attic space. The attic was converted into a spaceship cockpit. It was so cool that they indulged their kids with this fantasy. (Google 'house with spaceship attic') And since I've loved science fiction since I was a teen, I decided to pretend that my Thornhill is really a spaceship, and even better that it's a time machine. I added two floors under house for a glorious two story entrance hall with double staircase, dining room, living room and kitchen. AND under that, underground is a grotto complete with swimming pool. I can't wait to display my renovation plans.
  8. Hello! I am new to the forum and so glad to have found it. I am newly retired and building a greatly expanded 1:24 Thornhill mansion. I am making all the furniture, flooring, fireplace walls, and and needle pointing the wall, ceiling and furniture coverings. My inspiration comes from HGTV shows flea market flip & fixer upper as well as from designers Mackenzie Child's. I was lucky enough to find a Victorianna on EBay. I am going to use it as my design store to hold my creations for the Thornhill. Also, I am kitbashing Greenleaf furniture. I look forward to sharing my creations.