Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    AnnMarie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you Everyone for the warm welcome. When I first stumble on this forum I was frustrated beyond all belief, however after reading through some of the large amounts of information I have found both on here and online, I have completely become a dollhouse "junkie" lol. Which is totally fine with me. I think it's even rubbing off on my husband because he just took my box of spare pieces of wood to his garage. He claims he is "storing it" for me, comical since he came walking in last evening with a set of shelves he thought the house could use. I suppose there are worst things we could get into and since we have 7 girls in the family, the dollhouse legacy will live on. I mentioned that I have 3 dollhouses currently in progress. The Glencroft ( which has become my favorite), A Dura-Craft San Franciscan ( SF-550) which I haven't even begun working on, another yard sale find I might add, and another completed dollhouse that I cannot identify but will post pics so if anyone is familiar with it, you might be able to aid in identifying it for me. Thank you again everyone!
  2. Hello Everyone, My name is AnnMarie. I am new to the doll house building community and could use any information I can find...lol. I purchased the Glencroft dollhouse from a yard sale for $5.00. It was already started and came with all the materials I would need to finish except the instructions. My husband tells me I'm pretty crafty but I'm beginning to think I took on a little too much with this project. Probably not the smartest move buying someone else's project. However after getting it cleaned up and sorted out there really isn't much construction left to do. My biggest challenge I can see so far is the roof tiles. That's what landed me here, looking for instructions to finish the roof. I downloaded the warm-up pdf file so I am hoping it gives me a starting place. I am a huge fan of dollhouses. I have 3 in progress right now. 1 is completed, the second is the one I am currently working on and the third one hasn't even been taken out of the box yet. I say they are in progress because I am in the process of converting two of them into houses for my daughter and grand daughter's shopkin collection, themed to reflect their favorite shopkins. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning as much as I can. I cannot offer much advice to anyone since I am so new to building, but I can share any time and money saving ideas I come up with. I am more into graphic design which came in handy when making wallpaper.