• Last visited

2 Neutral

About AuntBea

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Beth
  1. Hi, Mike - For Christmas, I received the RGT Victorian Cottage, Jr., which I have rechristened The Hydrangea House, as that is my favorite flower and color and color scheme of the house. I have grand plans - we shall see how they work out!!! I've chosen not to follow a Victorian-era style, though, just cottage.
  2. Hi, Vicki - thank you! I am in the very northeastern half, the NE Kingdom, actually. And I'm building a not-Greenleaf kit at this moment - is that okay???
  3. My name is Beth; my nieces and nephews have always called me Aunt Bea, but I am a diehard Mayberry fan!
  4. Hi, AndreaJane, and thank you! I do plan to paint the table and chairs white - regular acrylic paint? Did you add any kind of clear finish? I did not ever understand that the secret of model glue is the melting of the plastic, but it makes sense. I believe I can find Testors or something similar in my small town. I'm very much looking forward to the kits arriving in the mail!
  5. Hello - I'm glad to have found you! I am not new to dollhouses, having had two as a young girl but I am new to building and decorating one to scale and with all the fabulous things I keep discovering. I have my first dollhouse on my work table, and my second and third well-established in my mind. I fall asleep decorating!! I read and 'shop' daily for information and things for my house; but I reach out to you all today because I have just ordered two Chrysnbon kits - the teacart and the pedestal table and two chairs. I initially thought I would avoid anything non-wood, but I kept reading such great things about Chrysnbon, and I really just wanted to try my and at building something while the big parts of putting the house together are still underway (shingling roof, wiring and waiting for wallpaper and fabric to arrive from England). Now I am in search of tips - some of which I have already found here - and I am realizing that I should be posting this detailed request elsewhere!! My apologies - I'll go find that spot now! Thanks in advance for your help and encouragement!!