Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Ian
  • Country
    England

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. As I understand most of the greenleaf house kits the wood is 1/8 inch thick. If this is correct when you come to install electric via the tape method I would think the brads or rivets would show on the other side. So am I right or have I got it totally wrong?
  2. How many posts Do you need? Hold that just found the answer. Four. Not 42 LoL
  3. You can watch some here https://youtu.be/M_4AR9mVcFU?list=PLC445F1EC3C1CC8CB if you want.
  4. Hi All In my intro to the forum I was fairly sure what I wanted in my first house.however after some more thought I am fairly sure it is going to be the *Vermont Farmhouse* So bearing in mind I have not started my first house I have another project I would like to do. See attached image. All our English members will recognise it. But just for others there was/is a sitcom called "Open All hours." A shop run by a cantankerous shop keeper Arkwright with a stammer assisted by Granville his hapless nephew. May be I will try to do both. Wonder what SWMBO will have to say about that.....
  5. Hi Sable Yes the cruise ships do bring a lot of people in. Ron's is on my list. But I will give them a ring, I read somewhere they may be closing, hope not. Yes my comment about the kids, after I posted I got to thinking like you, building and furnishing these miniature black holes ( i have not started yet...LoL) is not something they can afford.
  6. We have a great bricks and mortar shop here in Cocoa,Fl. I have been in the store several times before. However now I have decided to build I started looking at prices. Just previous to this I had been on the internet, found a U.K. seller selling branded goods with the offer of Spend $50 and they would ship free to the U.S. These prices were a third less and included shipping. So how do these stores compete? Most of today's kids can not see past the playstation. So I would think that the sale of Doll houses and what goes in them has seen a decline. However I will use my local store when I can, but like most think it will go the way of the Dodo. The internet is killing the highstreet. Good or Bad? only time will tell.
  7. Yes Sable I have been there several times. It is quite a treasure trove of miniature objects.
  8. Hi all I intend to start my first dollhouse in the very near future. It is something I have wanted to do for many years. But three sons kind of put it on the back burner. With my sixtieth birthday not too far in the future I thought I had better get a move on. After some research I have almost settled on this RGT Vermont Farmhouse dollhouse It is available from Hobby Lobby for about $70. Now I know this is primarily a forum for Greenleaf houses, I am still open to persuasion for other houses. Anyway whichever house I do decide to get I look forward to building it, and picking your brains along the way. Cheets Ian