• Last visited

1 Neutral

About welshgirl21

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Sarah
  1. I'm definitely only going to paper the one wall in each room and will go and look for some scrapbook papers I think
  2. I asked a friend who restores furniture etc and she mentioned woodstain instead of varnish as varnish can chip but maybe she didn't realise I planned on painting the house.
  3. Thank you. I like the idea of scrapbook paper, I've also found a site I can print dollhouse wallpaper from which I'll look at. I'm thinking of doing the outside cream with pink features as in the window frames, sills and door surround then a darker pink for the door itself. The roof will also be the same dark pink as the door. Gloss or satin paint better? Heard it's better than matt as can be wiped down.
  4. I know. My mums friend had it for her grandchildren who no longer play with it so she said I could have it plus two bags of furniture for nothing. I feel very lucky.
  5. I have been gifted this dollhouse and I plan to renovate it for my daughters 3rd birthday in December. It also comes with 2 bags of wooden furniture. I'd love and appreciate any tips on painting it, whether to varnish or woodstain it after painting, what paint to use, whether to prime it etc. Looking forward to seeing all your lovely photos and learning new things along the way. Sarah x