Griffonfeathers

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Griffonfeathers last won the day on July 7 2017

Griffonfeathers had the most liked content!

118 Excellent

About Griffonfeathers

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    www.midnightinthedollhouse.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    I am a magic performing, miniature making, Celtic Harp playing, dollhouse addict. How do you do?

Retained

• Member Title
    Crazy on a Different Scale

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Wendy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,605 profile views
  1. Hi @Emerald! It is not one of the "Streets of Shops", though I LOVE those little kits. This is a "Curiosity Shop" by Rocky Mountain Woodcrafts. It was only offered as part of a class at the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys Fall show many years ago. Though, now that you mention it, I probably COULD put a few of those "Streets of Shops" kits around it and they would all fit right in... and I have the perfect shelf. D'oh! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I'm glad you like my little shop. - Wendy
  2. Sadly, I can't go. I work that Saturday and I can't get anyone to cover for me. But I promised the museum folks I would let as many people know as I could. @Mid-life madness You should come visit Colorado for the September show! - DMMDT Fall Show 2017 Just sayin'.
  3. Hey Colorado folks! (And close-ish to Colorado folks). The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys is having a huge estate sale next Saturday, July 29th. All three of these ladies were amazing miniaturists and collectors, and the sale of their estates (donated to the museum) will help the DMMDT with its upcoming move! Details in the picture, and in text below. July 29th from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. JEFFERSON AVENUE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 4425 KIPLING ST WHEAT RIDGE, CO More details, call Judi at 720-879-1820 Information on the Museum Website about this event - Estate Sale, July 29th, 2017 If you find treasures, I hope you'll post them here, on the forum, so we can all see what you found!
  4. Aww, that is just sad. I haven't watched Babe in ages, but I guess now I have to! :)
  5. Noted! I'll have to see if I can track it down and get a screen cap. I've got a couple movies coming from Netflix just to see the dollhouses. I'm obsessed with this project! Oh wow! Good find, Elsbeth! I'm going to have to see if I can track this down. Thank you!!! (and yeah, those couches.... hmm.) Keep them coming, you guys! This is great! Thank you so much for playing! :)
  6. WOW!!! That's pretty darn cool, @TerriAnn Hey @grazhina, I'll have to check that out! Thank you! Weird about the image, but we'll get it sorted. Thanks for adding to the list!
  7. Keep them coming you guys!!! @Elsbeth, I did a blog entry with the first few dollhouse in TV/movies and it's here - Dollhouses in Movies and TV Part 1 of ? And that Ghost Story episode, "House of Evil" and "Secrets in the Attic: The Dollhouse Murders" are both on it! They are both available on YouTube and there are links in the blog entry. I loved them both. That is absolutely fascinating that the "Ghost Story" house was Darren and Samantha's house too! WOW!!! Now I feel like I learned something. I love this thread. Thank you all so much! And thank you @TerriAnn for starting it! :)
  8. Thanks, Samusa. I am embarrassed to admit that this little building was the first time I ever worked with paperclay. I learned a lot on this little structure, and I still love it a lot. :)
  9. Thanks, Samusa! It was originally a potion shop, and it may well go back to being one after the animal collection outgrows the space.
  10. Well, the good/bad news is, she has a website. You know, so you can see all the cool things she makes. - Bridget McCarty Miniatures. We're selling at the show this year, so I'm hoping we'll be too busy at our own table to be tempted. But... you never know. :)
  11. Griffonfeathers

The (Tiny) Glass Menagerie

Deep in the heart of the Wylde Kingdom is a tiny shop full of glass animals. I've collected tiny glass animals for a long time, before I even got into dollhouses, actually. And as I take these pictures I realize my collection is a little crowded and I probably need a new shop! D'oh! :)
  12. I agree! Well, some days it would be kind of handy, but most of the time I'd rather just do it myself. Oh wow, Holly! It's been so long since I watched "Hook" I hadn't remembered that at all! Good addition! Thank you! (And now i have to watch "Hook" again. I love that movie, but as a Wendy, I think I'm legally required to like everything "Peter Pan" related. ;) )
  13. Well, there's a 100% flame free dollhouse in Mary Poppins. :) A Spoon Full of Sugar Keep them coming, you guys! This is so great!
  14. Oh wow, @KathieB! That is a "behind the scenes" video of the dollhouse burning for this music video here - The Last Dance, by the Limousines. The music video actually shows the interior of the house (which was apparently a tiny murder scene. GAH!) I had heard the song (and I think it's quite pretty, too) but I hadn't ever seen the video. How weird. It looks like there are a bunch of dollhouse burning videos on YouTube, certainly more than I would have expected. Good find, KathieB and @Sable . I don't know that it occurred to me to look before. I wonder what the guy in Sable's video was hoping to get across? Weird.