• Last visited

2 Neutral

About blue_moon992

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.myspace.com/dollhousedork

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses (Naturally)....Playing instruments.....listening to music.....reading.....scrapbooking.....decorating real and mini houses for the holidays.....boring people at work with pictures of my dollhouses hehe

Retained

• Member Title
    Amy

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Amy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,254 profile views
  1. New House Dance! B) ;) The $5 Tennyson is allllll mine! I'm stoked! It's dusty and it's got a lot of broken trim and some really ugly wallpaper in the 2 upstairs rooms, but, all in all it was put together very nicely. They even used wood glue! It's missing about half the shingles, but, the stuff that's on there was put on really well (prolly better than I do LOL) But i've got all the missing peices (ie front door) so it will be a great project! I'm hoping to have it rehabed in time for Christmas...I think I know the perfect little girl for her! allthough it DOES look rather nice at the end of my hallway...
  2. I can't wait to get sims 3 either! I have the orginial and sims2, which i'm currently playing. I got 1 of the expansion packs for the 2nd, was gonna get more, but now they came out with the 3rd, good lord! lol I'm going to have to wait till I get done with school or else I'd never get anything done...I go in spurts and I swear, some nights I can't sleep and have to get back up and play because I thought of something else I wanted to do! Not to mention there's the whole computer space thing...I've thought about building a PC strictly for gaming hmmm B) and am I the only one that gets cravings for Mac n Cheese, Chili con carne and lunch meat sandwiches?? ;)
  3. So I pop onto my craigslist this morning (as I do every morning) and type in dollhouse, then doll house (no one else would understand the obsession like we do here lol) and usually there isn't much in my area (chattanooga) BUT......lo and behold!!!!!!!!! What do I find today but a lonely Tenneyson that has been assembled, but she's naked and missing some shingles....the lady who is trying to rehome her said that it was given to her and they bought a $10 bag of shingles that she would throw in if someone wants to buy the house.....and get this......it's only $5!!!!!!!!!! omg I couldn't respond fast enough!! lol So now the waiting dance begins as I stalk my email and wait for a reply...she didn't leave a number to call naturally.... thinking I need to get dressed so I can hop in the car and go pick up the poor thing!!! *crossing my fingers* B)
  4. blue_moon992

Willow Doors

Shots of the Willow door for a member :)
  5. hobby lobby and the like sells those little bears too....my AC Moore (RIP) store used to have big buckets of them at the registers that you could pick thru...they were pretty cheap. Good luck!
  6. I did my window frames before I did the siding and just butted the siding strips up against the windows, then I glued the shutters right on the siding...it actually worked well I think... the siding isn't that bad really...the rounded windows at the top were tricky but not bad at all
  7. I had the same problem with my Willow...so I never painted them and I now realize my mistake lol. I had learned my lesson then so I was able to do it correctly (and plan ahead) when I did my Orchid. Glad to know we aren't alone!!!
  8. I never cared about stairs one way or the other. My house I had when I was kid (old Arrow farmhouse) has 3 floors and no steps...So I took a bingo dobber and made a mark in the middle of each floor at the edge and that was my "elevator 396". The kids faired well with that elevator (Good thing it never broke down!)...where in the world I came up with the 396 I am still wondering, 25 years later lol
  9. :no: *New House Dance* We just got home after a nice 40min drive together...we chatted and bonded along the way...She hasn't told me for sure what color or style she would like to be, but she thinks that white with a couple different colors of trim would be nice...but she's still a little unsure of herself...She did agree that she would like a swing on the front porch, so at least that is established!! It'll be awhile before I get to her, sad to say. I've got some work to do on my "real" house (laying new hardwood floors among other things, yikes) so she will have to be patient. At least she can get to know my SanFran and Pierce that are waiting in the wings! Maybe they can tell her what style she would like to be...you know what they say about idle tounges...er...boxes that is!
  10. It's looking awesome!!! I love the stairs!
  11. argh! The supense is KILLING me!! I'm not very fond of the hurry-up-and-wait game lol. still no emails, ugh!!! tick tock tick tock lol
  12. So I popped on Craigslist today just for something to do, typed in "dollhouse" in the search engine and lo and behold, there sits an ad for a Heritage, in the box...for.....get this......$25!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed that person as fast as my fingers could type and now I sit and wait paitently for a response! They posted the ad yesterday so I hope they still have it!! *sits and waits patiently* hehe I'm in such trouble if I do get it!! :welcome:
  13. I'm going to make a couple dummies for halloween to place at various points in my yard and dont really feel like sewing a set of pants to a shirt and then I thought would hot glue work to affix the 2 together? Part of me says yes, part of me says no so I thought why not ask the experts! ha!! thanks lol
  14. *waves to all the other Michiganders* I was born in Lansing, MI as well, and grew up in the Battle Creek/Charlotte/Jackson area till I moved to TN when I was 23, then moved onto GA a couple years after that. Now that I have a mortgage, I'll be in GA for a long time to come LOL. I collect Pigs and dust, like to scrapbook, I live with my partner of over 4 years, 2 cats, dog and bird and I work in Health Insurance where just staying awake each day at my desk is quite a feat most days lol.