Melt

Gold Member
  • Last visited

23 Excellent

1 Follower

About Melt

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses. Decorating them. Not building them. Camping, traveling cooking, anything on the water.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Melanie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,094 profile views
  1. On profile now I think. A video and image. Some wallpaper still inside but otherwise done. ☺️
  2. Okay I will try to start an album! Thanks!
  3. Well here is the finished product! Still decorating. Lol ☺️ Darn can’t attach files. Ugh. I will keep trying.
  4. Melt

Wood carved bar scene

I bought this scene about 4 years ago from a guy who found it at an estate sale. I’m not selling it, but am wondering if anyone knows anything about it? It’s all original except a few things I put on the table and bar (not the bottles. Those are original). My husband thought it was a scene from the Great Depression. Who knows. The wood trim around the base is just positioned there. It’s meant to be the trim for the glass case which I need the glass for. Does anyone have any idea about this set? It’s not signed. It’s carved from wood. Thank you in advance!
  5. Melt

Gulliver's bookshop

He does not have a website, but has a Facebook page. Facebook is G12 Miniature Houses. ☺️
  6. Melt

Gulliver's bookshop

Omg!!! I’m now too the proud owner of a John Lewthwaite!
  7. Wait, sorry. I think I understand. Tape them in the room overlapping.
  8. There is a room that’s like hexagon shaped and the doorways go go in.
  9. Okay. Do you just cut around the room when you have it taped in paper?
  10. Sorry I had to drop off for so long. I had urgent issues in my family. Anyway, I bought all the stain and all that that entails, and the long story short is, it’s a no-go. Not to mention, I can’t cover up some of the electrical tape (due to placing) with rugs or furniture. Anyway, I’m going with flooring. Trying to find real hardwood that I can easily install as I have no clue how I’m going to cut it for some of the weird-shaped and hard to reach rooms. No idea where to even start. How do you trace the rooms? Anyone? Miss this forum and all the helpful people for my extreme novice skills.
  11. When I grew up in Detroit, MI, they had "Devil's Night"; it was the night before Halloween. They did many pranks that night. Pushing things over, egging houses, spreading toilette paper, etc. insane. In Detroit proper, they even lit things on fire. Scary. When I moved to Seattle when I was 21, they never heard of it. Glad. So weird though. My whole life growing up, it was an actual "holiday". Weird.
  12. Yes!!! The treehouse guy is on my road. ☺️ We should all meet up sometime. Would be fun.
  13. Thank you. I love it too. I'm just going to trim the top. It really is beautiful.