3 Neutral

About goingforpr

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Tom

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you all for the great feedback! You sure know how to make a guy feel welcome! About a month ago, it occurred to me I was wasting too much of free time in front of the television. Determined to find a new hobby, and reflecting on my childhood interest in miniatures, I decided to give this a go. And so far, I couldn't be happier. I can find myself working on this for HOURS without even noticing. Psychologist call it, "creative flow." I call it, de-stressing, and fun. I'm (sort-of) done with the main parts of the exterior walls, and flooring. I've done two coats of spray polyurethane, but haven't achieved the look I'd like yet. I'd like it to be a touch glossier, but I'm scared to add another coat in fear of it looking TOO glossy and/or "wet." Any one else had this problem? Also - any pointers for the first floor ceiling? I only put polyurethane on one side. The living room walls will be white, so I'm trying to find a suitable substitute - if even just the texture. Lastly - what is everyone else working on? I would love to see your work!
  2. Thank you!! Everyone has been so welcoming! What a fantastic forum. I will definitely look into the dollar store emery boards. I'm about to start sanding the roof trim, and I know it's going to be no easy task. Thank you so much for the pointers. I think my next purchase will be a Dremel!
  3. Thank you! She's actually a little too young to know it's coming, but I'm going to put plexy on it until she's old enough to enjoy it. Her mom knows it's coming, and loves hearing about my progress.
  4. Hi there! I'm new to the world of miniatures, and building a house for my niece. Greenleaf Orchid seemed like a good first-timer house. So far, I'm completely obsessed, and love working on it. The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to find a faster way to sand all the parts. I've been looking at pen sanders, Dremels, and I'm not sure what's right for me. Any pointers? Thanks to all!