• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jeannine
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

2737 profile views
  1. Dressing a Gent

Rebecca  freezer paper and grease proof is not the same, I use freezer paper in my quilting, it irons on to a fabric so it makes goos templates but gresaeproof does not work. Try a quilting shop or an Amazon. If you get rrally stuck I can mail you some XX Jeannine   just checked Auatralia/New Zealand  amazon has it . It is Reynolds Freezer paper ,the kind i use it is lightly plastic coated but just barely, thid is what you need
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Well I finished the calf length b]ack pure wool cardigan;/coat I was knitting tonight so that is part 1 of my makeover.. I have got all my ceramic doll molds out of my linen closet and now have them packed in 10 plastic boxes that are on a shelf in my workroom, Next job is box all the many Petite Properties kits in identical boxes and get them on th putting them asidi to donate them to somethimg. All my cardmakind stuff has gone, all my cake making stuff has gone and all my pergamano has gone so thet leaves a good few boxes empty and gives me more space to get things organised. so I am making a difference, but I am soo so tired.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

You are right Rebecca, Birmans are a super breed. We had Chinchillas for many years but I have been catless for a lomg time now.. I miss them too.   What am I doing today or this week..well not much and it is starting to get me down I need to get my head cleared, so much has happened over the last year that I seem to have lost some get up and go.I am knitting when sat down not very exciting bit at least occupied. I am still trying to get my work room the way I want it but I don't seem to very motivated. I won't work on any minis in a disorganised room so I need to pull myself together and get going. Oh dear what a moaning post and I have no reason to moan.Why do I complain when my problem is I have too much of a lot of things..that is terrible. Nuff about moaning. I am going to give myself 1 week to finish the long black jacket I am making then on with the workroom... there I have given myself a hand slap and a week to get a grip.
  4. After 30 years....I finally find them!

A true warm fuzzy feeling story
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank you all for your kindness. XX Jeannine
  6. So how is the weather where you're at ?

very mild in my part of Canada, there has not been one snowflake here this season ..yet!! I still have a few tomatoes in my greenhouse along with the usual winter stuff I grow in there
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

Just dropping by.. I finally have managed to get over my trip, it took more out of me than I thought it would. my docter was right about that..Canada to Holland, then over to the UK, back to Holland then back to Canada in 4 weeks is a lot of travelling. I got to have a few days rest at my nieces in England but most of the Holland time was very stressful. . . I spent a lot of time at my DIL's  palliative care home It was a beautiful place, very caring. She seemed quite settled when I left on Christmas eve morning, the paralysis was as far as her middle torso so she was still able to be raised slightly and was able to work on her crochet. It was tough to leave.  The paralysis  started to climb higher about a week ago and she died the day before yesterday.I am so glad I went over there, we had a few fun days and some quality time. Nuff for now XX Jeannine 
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Just a quick note, I arrived home safely except for another chest infection but at least it was only starting when I left so the worst part is here. It was quite the trip. XX Jeannine
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks Holly, I do have a pillow but I can never sleep on a plane,I find something on the Tv and stick to that.I guess I coud pop a pill LOL I was a bit sad in England as I was just half an hours drive from Petite Properties. Thay have a new series. One is shown on the webpage and the others  were to be released in October. I phoned when I arrived nearby with my fingers crossed that the series was ready ,alas no . Tony said he was running behind. The series is super. It looks as if it is going to be, witchy /creepy. He gave me a bit more info but I will have to be patient.  I will be very glad to be home. My DIL is no worse than when I arrived which of course is good. She is comfortable, still crocheting and eating fairly well.The original plan was to stay on if needed but I think I am OK going home and perhaps returning at anpther time. I am so out of touch with everything here on the forum as I never seem to get the time to cruise. XX Jeannine
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

I have just completed the 4th leg of my trip, I am back in Holland and getting ready to fly home to Canada on Christmas Eve, I am still in one piece but a bit raggy at the edges
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Leaving in an hour to catch the overnight ferry from Holland to the UK, part 2 of my journey.
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

H Hollie, that will have to be another trip, that is unless I can get one in while in the UK next week however the cash I have spent coming here, buying my son a car, ferry costs  not to mention the ton of gifts and clothes   I have taken  for a family of 6   taken a huge junk from my savings so i have to think about that a bit when I get back..
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Little update. I am booked to leave for the UK on the 12th, back on the 17th, then back to Canada on the 24th.. I am holding up better than I thought but I am not seeing any sights either, here in Holland everything of course is revolving around my DIL. It is her birthday today so almost everyone is meeting by her bed for cake etc. I will do a little travelling with my niece in England, especially as Petite Properties is half and hour drive from her house, oh my!! I do have a list of stuff that friends want back home so have to break out and go shopping soon. XX Jeannine
  14. 3D printer

As you all know I am over in Holland right now. My granddaughters stepbrother came over to visit a couple of days ago and during the conversation he said he has a 3 D printer. He then picked up various things in his Mums house that he had made. This is the first time I have seen anything made  this way and I found it mind boggling.  . He is a very quiet young man who very gently explained with pictures how it works., Up to that moment I had absolutely no idea. Double mind boggling . This is another time I wish John was still here, he would have lived it.
  15. Flying...

I carry a big chunk of amber that was given to my Mother on her wedding day. Today and for the rest of this month I am wearing turquoise, a ring and earrings, because it is December, then I will switch to garnet for January. I think I am missing an amethyst ring and also a ruby one  but apart from that I have  a set for each month..kind of crazy really but it marks the passing of the year in a good way. I am hoping to find a nice amethyst ring and a ruby one  while  I am over in the Uk for a few days.