Thimble Hall

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Thimble Hall

1. I have a half scale complete kitchen that I bought a couple of years ago. They were scarce and I am glad I grabbed what I coiuld but..I wanted white and had to ger mahogony. I obe mahogony but really wanted a white kitchen. Realsitically could I strip it and re do it white..I don't want to wreck it.I am pretty picky but this was a expensive buy ??? Help
  2. Well I have pondered and dug deep in my heart and I am keeping the RGT Queen Anne. The Newport and Granille can go.. I best fits the place I have and I like that it is wide, my tther big house that is ataying is very tall. I will keep the 2 Victorianas for now..maybe..they really should go but something is holding me back. so I am followwing my heart on these. Thank you all so much for your help, you helped me make a difficult decision..I can move on now.
  3. Yes the Newport and the Queen Anne are RGT The Granville is Artply and they are all 1/12th scale. My big imported UK one is the heaviest I have and if I need to move it my SIL does it for me., He will turn it upside down if I want to work on ceilings etc. I like these heavy MDF houses as there is not the sanding as I have an allergy to wood dust so I have to be careful. I have my half scale Fairfied on the go and of course I have changed it a lot.. I really must finish that as I have been collecting high quality furniture for a long time for it. The kitchen seemed like a fortune.Bespaq is what I am buying I don't know of another company who make such great mini stuff like them but maybe there are some
  4. Thanks gang, you have given me the support that enabled me to sort out a house to go back to working on . I was changing it so now I have to figure out what part I am up to..going to be fun.. Qubanqtee, I remember beating someone on e bay when I bought my Queen Anne and I think it was you.and felt dreadful later because I didn't know it was member. I have sold off most of my houses but have still got the Queen Anne. I only wanted to keep one of the large MDF kits I had, the Queen Anne, The Newport and the Granville..well it has taken me a week and with a bit of help from forum members I have decided. The Queen Anne won.I have no idea wheh I will make a start but she stays. XX Jeannine
  5. Yes the Newport and the Queen Anne are RGT The Granville is Artply and they are all 1/12th scale. My big imported UK one is the heaviest I have and if I need to move it my SIL does it for me., He will turn it upside down if I want to work on ceilings etc. I like these heavy MDF houses as there is not the sanding as I have an allergy to wood dust so I have to be careful. I have my half scale Fairfied on the go and of course I have changed it a lot.. I really must finish that as I have been collecting high quality furniture for a long time for it. The kitchen seemed like a fortune.Bespaq is what I am buying I don't know of another company who make such great mini stuff like them but maybe there are some
  6. Your house is lovely, yes we did talk about it. Things have changed a bit now though, I want to keep them seperate as I have 2 super wall spots for them and I will make two or none I think.I am pretty determined to keep one of the big houses, the Queen Anne I think. I have no idea how much interest there would be in the other two, wether thay are sourced or not.. It is very hard tio admit I am getting too old to do somethings and have to choose what to let go. I had 16 kits leave me this last week and still have 5 to go apart from the big ones.Thank yiu for the help I do appreciate it XX Jeannine
  7. Hi , may be someone can help me. I have been selling many of my dollhouse kits locally as I know I will never be able to do them all but I wanted to hang on to a couple of unopened ones.. I have a couple in progress I am hoping to get back to but have some other kits I am unsure about wether to keep or not.Maybe someone who has made these ones I stlll have could advise me about any good or bad points that may help me decide. I have mostly sold my Greenleaf ones, jst 4 left apart from two Victorianas. If it is worth the work, I might try to hang on to these two. I have read the blog about the McKinleys which was very thorough and I guess somewhat similar and I do have a place to put these . I am not looking for buyers by the way, local is best as folks pick up and I am amazed how quickly the others sold. My quandry comes because I also have a Newport,a Granville and my Queen Anne.None of which I advertised.I was rather hoping I could manage this last one maybe but I am a little unsure and am totally unsure about the first two. I am trying to be positive but realistic. I will not be able to finish the two in progress, plus all the others too.I am keeping my stash of 1/48ths as I can do those on a tray on my lap.It is the bigger ones I am unsure of. Two of them will have to go. I realise it is not easy to advise someone else but would appreciate any help you would suggest, especially with the last three mentioned and the Victorianas. Thank you XX Jeannine
  8. Thanks you all. you are a pretty darn good gang you know XX Jeannine
  9. Try looking at Petite Properties in the UK for a vast range od 1/46 houses and some 1/24 too, they have them designed to work as villages
  10. I just popped in to say Hi. I am gradually coming out of my shell so am hoping I can pop back often.It is still hard for me as I spent so much time on here after my husband died. I went a bit odd, appparently I had not accepted his death, I was stll expecting him to come home so eventually it affected my health.I bought alot of things I didn't need.Then I started to give a lot of stuff away , much was surplus and that was OK but also much was things I should not have been getting rid off.,but didn't realise it was odd behaviour.It has been explained to me since that I was geting ready to die off myself.All very odd, anyway it all sort of hit me when I was here one day and didn't know why I was here. I contacted my DR. I was told I was suffering from delayed grief and it had finally hit me. There are a few months that I am unclear about,bits are still coming back slowly.It was all very weird, still is, but it seems I have come through it. I didn't have any depression or meds, I just mentally took an easier route than reality I guess. I jst couldn't bring myself to come back until I was certain I was through it all. OK. I just have to back track on a few things till they make sense. So you all now have an explanation why I seemed to vanish..This took a pluck to write but there you are. This last week I have been selling off my stash of kits, a couple of very nice folks bought some of them and I suggested they join the forum and I hope they do. I have not touched a kit for a long time but am starting to feel the first rumblings lately, so it will be good when it all comes back. I didn't make any charity give aways for three years now so see no point in hanging on to kits I won't do anythiing with..so they are going. I will be keeping a couple only and will keep all my Petite Properties kits. The expected back surgery I was waiting for didn't happem the neurosurgeion would not do it, he said it was too dicey and refused so that threw me for a small loop. That was lat yaer so have accpeted that now. Other than the fact that I have no appetite that is all.I am losing weight, not the right way to lose it but what can you do. I guess it will come back. Anyway friends..you are all up to date, my secret is out. I Hope I can I will stay with the forum. I just needed to share that with you all. I don't think I offended anyone. I have started working my way through my workroom which has laid unused formore than 2 years at least so maybe when I get it all sorted I may just, with a bit of luck, build something,until then I won't have much to share but will enjoy reading about all your work Love form Jeannine
  11. Just popping in to say I am thinking about all of you that me be affected by this dreadful hurricane.I will e watching the progression on the news. I remember clearly how you all patiently educated me a few years ago on this subject. Sincere special good wishes, be safe XX Jeannine
  12. Hi evreyone, I just came by to find an old adress from my PM pages,I so I thought I would say helluo to everyone, I have not been so good. but I am still kicking albeit not very hgh and awfully slow I hope you are all mananaging to avoid Covid..be well.I din't find what I was looking for and it is 1pm so I will have to come back nother day XX Jeannine
  13. Rebecca freezer paper and grease proof is not the same, I use freezer paper in my quilting, it irons on to a fabric so it makes goos templates but gresaeproof does not work. Try a quilting shop or an Amazon. If you get rrally stuck I can mail you some XX Jeannine just checked Auatralia/New Zealand amazon has it . It is Reynolds Freezer paper ,the kind i use it is lightly plastic coated but just barely, thid is what you need
  14. Well I finished the calf length b]ack pure wool cardigan;/coat I was knitting tonight so that is part 1 of my makeover.. I have got all my ceramic doll molds out of my linen closet and now have them packed in 10 plastic boxes that are on a shelf in my workroom, Next job is box all the many Petite Properties kits in identical boxes and get them on th putting them asidi to donate them to somethimg. All my cardmakind stuff has gone, all my cake making stuff has gone and all my pergamano has gone so thet leaves a good few boxes empty and gives me more space to get things organised. so I am making a difference, but I am soo so tired.
  15. You are right Rebecca, Birmans are a super breed. We had Chinchillas for many years but I have been catless for a lomg time now.. I miss them too. What am I doing today or this week..well not much and it is starting to get me down I need to get my head cleared, so much has happened over the last year that I seem to have lost some get up and go.I am knitting when sat down not very exciting bit at least occupied. I am still trying to get my work room the way I want it but I don't seem to very motivated. I won't work on any minis in a disorganised room so I need to pull myself together and get going. Oh dear what a moaning post and I have no reason to moan.Why do I complain when my problem is I have too much of a lot of things..that is terrible. Nuff about moaning. I am going to give myself 1 week to finish the long black jacket I am making then on with the workroom... there I have given myself a hand slap and a week to get a grip.
  16. Thank you all for your kindness. XX Jeannine
  17. very mild in my part of Canada, there has not been one snowflake here this season ..yet!! I still have a few tomatoes in my greenhouse along with the usual winter stuff I grow in there
  18. Just dropping by.. I finally have managed to get over my trip, it took more out of me than I thought it would. my docter was right about that..Canada to Holland, then over to the UK, back to Holland then back to Canada in 4 weeks is a lot of travelling. I got to have a few days rest at my nieces in England but most of the Holland time was very stressful. . . I spent a lot of time at my DIL's palliative care home It was a beautiful place, very caring. She seemed quite settled when I left on Christmas eve morning, the paralysis was as far as her middle torso so she was still able to be raised slightly and was able to work on her crochet. It was tough to leave. The paralysis started to climb higher about a week ago and she died the day before yesterday.I am so glad I went over there, we had a few fun days and some quality time. Nuff for now XX Jeannine
  19. Just a quick note, I arrived home safely except for another chest infection but at least it was only starting when I left so the worst part is here. It was quite the trip. XX Jeannine
  20. Thanks Holly, I do have a pillow but I can never sleep on a plane,I find something on the Tv and stick to that.I guess I coud pop a pill LOL I was a bit sad in England as I was just half an hours drive from Petite Properties. Thay have a new series. One is shown on the webpage and the others were to be released in October. I phoned when I arrived nearby with my fingers crossed that the series was ready ,alas no . Tony said he was running behind. The series is super. It looks as if it is going to be, witchy /creepy. He gave me a bit more info but I will have to be patient. I will be very glad to be home. My DIL is no worse than when I arrived which of course is good. She is comfortable, still crocheting and eating fairly well.The original plan was to stay on if needed but I think I am OK going home and perhaps returning at anpther time. I am so out of touch with everything here on the forum as I never seem to get the time to cruise. XX Jeannine
  21. I have just completed the 4th leg of my trip, I am back in Holland and getting ready to fly home to Canada on Christmas Eve, I am still in one piece but a bit raggy at the edges
  22. Leaving in an hour to catch the overnight ferry from Holland to the UK, part 2 of my journey.