Thimble Hall

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by Thimble Hall

1. These are the 4  fabics I tried to put on the Christmas House topic I started, the sizes are there. I think they would make door hangings, duvets covers for beds, or quilts if edged a bit more, I felt they had potential .

2. Thank you all.

Samantha you are right, bang on, he was my first thought for Joe, there is a problem though. I have had these molds 25 years, they are classified as dollhouse size but compared to the molds I have bought recently they are a tad bigger.I need to compare to more new heads and  my plan is to pour them tomorrow, if all the new molds I have bought are the same size and  they are correct, that head may be too big for Joe. I don't like the legs that come with him they are chubbyhe . I may be able to change that..fingers crossed.

3. 18 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Is this picture showing how you attach the neck with porcelain slip? I'm going to need to know how to do that. Loving the photos. 

Well sort of but the first pour I generally chuck out so it is not very neat.

Attaching anything to anything with porcelain is best done on wet greenware, you use the slip like glue, say putting on an arm, you would  apply the slip to the main part and sometimes the arm too depending on the piece , attach and hold for a few seconds and it will grab, too little and it won't grab, if you are too slow it will start to dry and not grab, too much and you will have a lot to clean off later, however too much is better than too little.I can clean the arms of the fairy doll. When we did lace draping we had to attach dry to dry but it is very hard and very iffy which is why we used a pince of slip covered lace to go on as a Bandaid then we decorated over it. If the oieces are really tiny eg on the nativity set the wisemen's gifts are separate and have to be attached,  they are so tiny that  when touching them with slip they almost dissolve, I will have o play with that set for a while to get the best way of doing it.

• Like 1
  4. The most beautiful Christmas house I have ever seen, the skill is excellent and the incredible amount of detailed furnishings and ornamental stuff in amazing. There is so much in this house yet it doesn't look cluttered. Wonderful Karin , you should be very proud.