5 Neutral

About MrsXandamere

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Lizzy

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks for the link, Sable. I contacted the seller to see if they have one in inches rather than metric.
  2. I'm currently wiring my first house as I build with some handholding from Gary at http://dollhousewiring.com. That website is a great resource with lots of instructions and walkthroughs of wiring different houses both during and after building. It's a little intimidating to look at at first but now that I'm actually doing it, it's not so bad!
  3. A Figrule is a triangular ruler with different scales on it, including 1:12 scale. I have an architect scale but I'd prefer something a little more streamlined. I found it on etsy but the store is closed. https://www.etsy.com/listing/79135199/dollhouse-miniature-scale-ruler?ref=related-0 Ebay and Amazon are coming up empty, as are the miniature suppliers I usually use. Anyone know where I can find one?
  4. I cannot get the idea of a greenhouse window for my house's kitchen out of my head. There was one in my parents' kitchen when I was a kid, and now I have a bay window in my own, and it just makes doing the dishes so much less tedious when you can look outside. I can't seem to find any for sale, so I guess that leaves me the option of making one. I've never modded a wall to put in a window before, let alone built a window from scratch. It would be a simple box one, not an angled top, like this one (but starting at counter height instead of the ground.) On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would this be? Would I have to make my own u-channels to accommodate two pieces of acrylic sheet at 90° angles?
  5. Lise, I think I got the wrong Elmer's because I don't think the one I have is waterproof, just water resistant. Maybe that's the problem? Either way I'll be doing some tests on scrap wood before diving into the house proper!
  6. Thanks Beulah, I'll go get some of that glue today! I've been using Elmer's wood glue so far.
  7. I'm going to be doing my first stir stick hardwood floor (before it was just score and stain) and I'm doing small samples with different stains to see what I like. But all my samples have warped so far! I've been using wood glue to secure the sticks to card stock and letting them dry overnight before staining. Both urethane and water based stains have caused my samples to curve. I was hoping to do the floor on Bristol board and then glue that down into the house, but now I'm worried that will warp too! Do you guys glue your hardwoods straight into the house floor, or glue paper down first, or what? I don't want to ruin it!
  8. Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but not new to miniatures! My mom built me my first dollhouse for my first birthday, and I've been hooked on tiny things ever since. Now that I have a daughter of my own, I'm hoping to follow in my mom's footsteps! I've just started building the RGT Queen Anne (go big or go home, right?) which is kind of intimidating but I'm so in love with it! (If you want to follow the build on Instagram, my account is @littlespoonminiatures.) I'm going to be wiring it as I go with some guidance from Gary at the Dollhouse Workshop. It's my first time adding electricity, and I definitely picked a tough kit for it, but I'm determined! It's going to take ages to put this whole thing together, since I only get to work when baby is napping - she's 9 months old and thinks naps are the devil. But when she's older, I am so looking forward to helping her make accessories and playing house!