5 Neutral

About lisap

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Lisa

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks Traci! Yes I'd love to come to a meeting. How do we contact each other? (or just post the info here?) I'm down by Woodlake, and I'm guessing that the meeting is more near Short Pump which is okay.
  2. Hi, all - I don't know if anything I listed will interest the seasoned veteran, but here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/downinolva/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= I've been meaning to list these things for months, and got inspired when I found this discussion area - so thank you! If anyone has an interest in any part/s of any lots just let me know, i grouped them randomly.
  3. Thank you, Holly! The one, new shop we have now is quite nice, there are several houses fully decorated and she displays the items for sale beautifully. She consults/teaches too, wish I had the time to take advantage of it. Ugh, sorry you had the mouse ordeal, too. I have birds and dogs, and couldn't find a killing method I was comfortable with... I also thought I had 'a' mouse in the beginning, and I've since learned there's no such thing. I've had such a nice time popping around the site today - and am so impressed with its longevity, through changes or otherwise! I'd looked before and never found you all, glad I did.
  4. Roseleigh, I agree, you nailed it! Found some pics online, otherwise scant info. Thank you SO much! It is a terrific house.
  5. Thank you, Kelly, and I totally know what you're saying! I never made it to full dollhouse-person status anyway, roombox is probably my highest level. This one has to go so my Dutch one can move to its place, I'm short on room.
  6. Thank you! It wasn't there, but the pics convince me further that mine is a Greenleaf. :)
  7. Thanks - I'm getting a 500k limit whether I try to attach here or do Gallery with/without album function. Not sure how to reduce file size on my photos but will try some things.
  8. Hi - thanks to whomever pointed me here! I'm actually joining because I need to scale down my holdings. I am working with a small, square jobby, probably homemade, making tribute to the Dutch golden age... rather obsessed with that era. I can't draw or paint, so I thought, omigosh I could make a 3D 'painting'! I haven't made much progress in the last 2 years. I'm ending up in 3/4 scale since many of the '1:12' items I bought weren't the size I expected and I need the ceilings to seem higher, anyway. I did a cool wall treatment to look like the yellowish cement in paintings, finally found the b&w flooring I needed... and stalled out. I have several indoor miniature gardens, each with 1-2 feature live plants. So here's what interrupted me 2 years ago: live miniatures; I got mice in the house. Before I knew it, they were everywhere. Had to gut my pantry and move to all glass-jar storage. Struggled through catching them humanely (and cleaning a lot, as you can imagine)... released many until I learned housemice can't survive outdoors. So these days I build Crittertrail houses for a few happy captives with my spare time. :0 I have a second house that I'd like to sell, I think is Greenleaf from the 1980s and posted about that ID search. It's super fun to find you guys! I'm not sure how often I can engage, but I didn't expect to find such an active forum. As a comment, we have a dollhouse store in Richmond, VA, pretty cool. I met the gal on Etsy before she opened it, and she rehabs. I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to, I read several of the other newbies' intros before writing this. Cheers! Lisa
  9. Hello, forum folks! It's my first post. A few years ago, I started with a four-room generic house, to make a period display. It's slow going, but it's a joy. Back then, I was all revved up and bought a second (vintage) house. I realize now that I just won't get to it. It's very sweet, and someone else should have it. I'd like to ID it before selling. I believe it's a Greenleaf, and from the 1980s. I don't think I'll be allowed to post pics yet, being a new member, but could someone tell me if there's a good visual resource to help ID it? It's wider than high, two levels, has a rose trellis on the side. Thank you!
  10. lisap

Greenleaf house?

Hoping to get an ID on this! Surely was a kit.
  11. lisap

Greenleaf house?

Bought this sweet house a few years ago