• Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Barbara

Recent Profile Visitors

109 profile views
  1. New Stove

Very cute stove!
  2. What's everyone working on?

Curious about what you don't like about the Fairfield kit now that you have it, since I was thinking about getting that kit this winter?
  3. My husband is coming close to the end now

Jeannine, there is no easy way to lose someone you love,  memories will be there but they are a poor substitute for the real thing. Watching someone leave you inch by inch must be heart rending, I often wonder how my father does it, at 91 he has taken care of my mother for years, they have been married for 67 years and she does not recognize anyone.  I know the shock of losing my husband suddenly still affects me 14 years later, I wondered around in a grief struck haze for several years, it still brings tears to my eyes.  You and John will be in my thoughts, don't be afraid of tears, and don't forget to take care of yourself!
  4. BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

I am not a green person at all, but would be perfectly happy with this kitchen, it is so together, everything compliments each other.  The floor is magnificent, and I love the stove, the table and hutch just fit right in, the green and yellow work together so well.  
  5. The kitchen. This is the wall that will get the appliances.

I laughed when I saw the banana wall paper, perfect for a kitchen!
  6. Making Flowers & Leaves with paper punches.

I bought a kit of wisteria after looking at the price of the punches, I wanted wisteria on the bed instead of a canopy in the stump fairy house.  I haven't started it yet but looked over the instructions and decided it would take a lot of patience and a magnifying glass, but it doesn't look difficult.  I figure that after hollowing out a rock maple stump I have the patience part down!  I of course haven't got the bed made or designed yet, but when I saw the wisteria kit I knew that is what I wanted it to look like!  If I like making the flowers I may invest in some punches, I can see window boxes with lots of flowers in the windows, or maybe sone ivy growing here and there!  Lots to do before I get there anyway!  Trying to decide on a roof design for a round opening now before I cut the hinged opening.
  7. Hi. How long did it take you to make your dollhouse. I'm just about to begin. I'm excited but also overwhelmed. 

1. Goldenrodfarm

The first one took about 6 months, but I didn't do a lot of furniture.  It was also winter, the farm takes most of my time in the Spring, summer and fall. Now I am working on a stump fairy house, which has been since May now, but in my defense the stump was only partly hollow, and rock maple to boot.  I used a drill and chiseled out after drilling 1/2" holes.  Right now I am doing sanding to get the walls smooth, a chisel leaves quite a mess behind.  Yesterday I used the angle grinder and made a tremendous amount of progress.  Now I am thinking of the roof so that I can cut the hinged opening without making a mistake that hinders the roof or it opening.  Funny I have a visualization of most of the house, interior and exterior but not the roof.

I do have a kit I bought many years ago and may work on that this winter depending on how far I get on the fairyhouse.

8. What a wonderful tribute to your grandparents, a labor of love!
  9. DHGardenWall.jpg

Very artistic!
  10. Circle library completed

Beautiful!  I have a picture saved from the web that is a circle bookcase, from when I was planning a wall of bookcases in my house. but not enough room!
  11. Metal wash stand

Great stand, I have been looking for a stand, dithering between the metal wire ones or a wooden stand, I am considering building a wooden one, but still not sure of the design.  
  12. Auguste the hedgehog

So cute! The strawberry house is perfect, unless he starts eating it lol
  13. IMG_3600.JPG

I love the little blankets!  This looks so well rounded out!
  14. Guess I'm diving in headfirst...

That sounds like a wonderful present!  Just remember baby steps, it can be overwhelming when looked at as a whole, but one step at a time gets it done, don't hurry things along! Welcome to the group!
  15. Hand cut stone

So beautiful, I like the idea of using real stones for the fireplace.  I have been dithering on a fireplace because so far I don't really like clay veneer, just looks too fake.