Goldenrodfarm

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Goldenrodfarm

1. I just started getting some of my orders from Ebay today, tiny bead caps, luckily some of the items are 4-5 from one seller, it got very confusing trying to order what I thought I wanted, I can relate to the buy desperately without a doubt.
  2. so all these kits are only in a book you have to buy? I looked through the catalog I printed with the price lit today while I was down selling eggs. There are a lot of wheels of different sizes but I couldn't quite picture a chandelier made with them unless it was just a candle one. I never saw so many little metal pieces in my life, I think I would need a plan before I tried to order anything. Such a confusing place to do business, but they sure have a corner on the market!
  3. I just noticed the book I may order that. I finally printed out the catalog, much easier to use then just downloaded, on the screen the items were not the correct size. I did have quite a laugh at the buying desperately, you made my night, sounds like what the procedure would be after looking at all that stuff!
  4. My cat is funny about tippy toeing around, she rarely knocks anything off of anywhere, no matter where she is climbing to, she does climb a lot, just never knocks things over or breaks things so far, she has been exclusively a house cat now for over two years because of her asthma, and has never broken anything. I was going through clothing a couple of weeks ago and had 4 huge stacks on the dresser adding to them while I went through the clothing in the closet, she got up there, and carefully went from stack to stack but never knocked anything over. Good thing Smokey has such an understanding mama!
  5. I looked at their kits but there are only 2 and neither are anything I really want. I have a vague I idea of what I want to make but the end result will be determined on what I end up for beads and other supplies. I didn't order from the catalog because I had already done a bunch of orders on ebay. maybe if I become accomplished making them I will consider ordering some of their things.
  6. Goldenrodfarm

Toddlers

They are adorable! You sound like you are having so much fun. It reminded me of opening the kiln after it going all night long to see what was going to come out!
  7. I think I would like to see the dark plum
  8. I would not want to be the pilot in the small plane, that would be enough to make you crash, was probably lost anyway! I did barn work today again, and that lovely little witch Juniper slammed me into the wire fence that keeps her calf in with her and my knee was slammed into the wire right below the kneecap. Sitting here with ice on my knee, burr!
  9. What a gorgeous room, so well put together! Love the rug and the trunk in the window. The bed dressing are just perfect!
  10. I have been looking for a table and wondered about stain consistency, my chairs are unfinished so I will probably look for an unfinished table or make one to prevent them from being too far off. I imagine that this is true of most furinture lines
  11. you would only need to change a couple of things for that to be my farm house. The first section of the roof is a more pronounced T, the porch is only on the front because the back is attached to a shed going to the barn. However my farm house was built in 1800
  12. I am waiting for parts to come before I can start, looking forward to them getting here!
  13. I would love to do a Gypsy wagon, it will be so much fun! There is just so much scope for imagination in the wagons!
  14. I have done it with those weird little extruders they sell that look like miniature cookie presses. Mine is not an expensive one but works fine, it is a screw top so if you have a hard time just put a pair of pliers on the top to give you more leverage. This is about what mine looks like here You do have to spend some time working with the clay to soften it sometimes depending on where you get it.
  15. Amazon sells a lot of that stuff, I always loved the Vanilla Turkish taffy, you can still get it! They have the bubble gum cigars in all three colors too. We used to get those red dollars, and mary janes, and of course regular bazooka bubble gum.......
  16. I take it you made the stockings, they look great!
  17. I imagine I am younger then you too, but I remember all of the above, used to love those candy cigarettes! an the bubble gum cigars. We used to pour over the penny candy forever trying to make a choice!
  18. I just went and ordered a catalog, I didn't realize they had a print one until you mentioned it, Thanks!
  19. Looks really great, love the dragons on the fireplace screen.
  20. Oh, I didn't even notice that, guess that would be on line only then? I did search their site and only found the larger legs, 1 1/4" I am looking for the small ones that are on couches that are about 3/4" I had a hard time finding stuff there, so I may have missed something. When you use the search function it returns no items found most of the time, probably because I am not getting the correct name.
  21. I ordered those wire beads I wanted for lights on the 16th late at night and they were shipped the 17th and here on the either the 24 or 25, I didn't pick up my mail on the 24th. Not bad from China. Karin, There is a Hobby Lobby that was just built 2 years ago in Bangor, but they have almost nothing in the way of dollhouse stuff, A few windows and doors, no kits, some hinges, no wooden pieces at all. I had actually checked Ebay many times but didn't find what I wanted, sometimes you just don't have the right search words, and I apparently didn't because the link Carrie posted was one I never saw. I ordered two lots of the tiny legs to use on two wing chairs, and a wing couch, and leftovers so I don't have to order from China again lol This group is so great, lots of people searching for things eventually find most things!
  22. I watched someone on u-tube predrill tiny holes, put glue on them and use the back end of the tweezers to press them in, she did a whole line of hinges quite fast, I was amazed. But the flat end and pressing them in seemed to be much better then trying to tap them in. Your rods really finish it off well!
  23. I cut rod like that with the Dremel cutoff wheels before, it gave a nice clean cut if you take your time and don't apply too much pressure. I clamped them in a tiny jig I made and just cut off at the end. Took a couple of tries to get the jig right, but I have quite a few brass tubes. The jig is just a simple flat piece of wood that I used the router to cut a narrow grove that the beads fit in, then I measure and clamp and cut off at the end. I have a hard time making every thing the same size if I don't do something like that.
  24. Wow, I have looked and looked for these, just finally decided to ask here, the smallest size is what I want. I don't mind about the time it takes if I get what I want. I did try to work out cutting down a pair, but in the end they look funny and are too wide. I am ordering these today! That is not actually a bad price for 12 of them, and I often get items on the slow boat from china faster then something coming from downstate. I ordered some glass beads from Castine, Maine, which isn't close to me, but still in the same state, and an item I ordered from China got here first. It took two weeks from Castine. Thank you so much! P.S. all ordered!