Goldenrodfarm

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Goldenrodfarm

1. Does anyone know of a place that sells the tiny Cabriole legs like the ones put on a wing back sofa or chair, they are only about 3/4" and all the places I have searched the smallest is 1 1/4" which would be too tall I think. I bought a kit for a upholstered wing back chair and didn't realize that the legs included are not wood but a resin. I really don't like them but while I am willing to try to make dining room chair legs, I think the tiny couch and wing back chair legs are just too small. I was thinking that magnifying lighted glass would be just what I need to cut fine things on the scroll saw and tiny router table.
  2. That is very good advice, I might not have noticed that now I will be on the watch. One place I was reading it said to bend the tubing after you put the wire in it, did any of you do that? It was supposed to prevent kinking of the tube and make it easier to put the wire in intact.
  3. Just beautiful, I love the curve. I am still in awe with all the stitched rugs, and that high dresser is so detailed, look at the legs.
  4. And the tiny flowers, it is hard to make the 1:12 flowers with tiny paper punches but imagine these!
  5. I am fascinated by the stitched room sized rug, there is so much detail to look at here, the legs of the sofa are nicely done often on items this small the legs are straight, I love the little two tier table in the front, the legs are wonderful!
  6. Goldenrodfarm

Toddlers

I love the look in the first ones face, looks like gazing at at butterfly! It does look like you are having fun!
  7. Goldenrodfarm

Boots

I like the boots too, it is very detailed.
  8. Goldenrodfarm

Selkie

Such sad news, She will be missed by not just this community. Prayers to her family.
  9. That one has been in my cart waiting for the first of the month! I am glad you reviewed it for us. I was attracted to the LED's also. And a plus is that I have used one like it at work a lot before I retired.
  10. I couldn't resist this tiny OOAK infant on Ebay one night. I ordered it on Jan 2nd and it was supposed to be here by the 11, but only just arrived today. The seller asked me to give it more time since it was from UK, and mail was backed up from the holiday. I just fell in love with the wispy hair, and such a cute tiny nose! The arms and legs are movable. Now I have been thinking of a cradle lol
  11. The stair runner is beautiful, I always think runners are elegant!
  12. Goldenrodfarm

First mold

Looks like a lot of fun, I always loved opening the molds to see the result!
  13. Goldenrodfarm

Greenware

Looks good, you must be excited!
  14. I see what you mean by a card, it is kind of like caning when you put a whole piece in with a spline around the edge instead of weaving it on the chair that has holes instead of the groove. Intriguing. I did a rocking chair with the grove and found it difficult to get in tight the first time, I redid it several years later and it is still doing fine. I love his side table with the cane front.
  15. I found the pin, but can't find the actual article in the web site. It doesn't help that it is all small and hard for me to read, so I might be missing it. Their work is amazing, very serious work, just wish I had $1100 for the caned chest!
  16. Wow, caneing on a very small scale, sounds like a challenge. I have a very old chair with clawed feet and arms, and I caned it but I can see how much more difficult it would be to do it that small, using tooth picks for the plugs? I guess the first problem is getting cane that small, is it real cane? seems like it would be if it were that old.
  17. Sheri, I got the box out and opened it, wow huge staples and found the instruction booklet. I will scan it tonight and send you a pm so I can get it to you. They are brand new instructions so not blury
  18. Woops wrong post, need to go find the newburg post
  19. me too! The only difference is on FB you can choose who sees your posts, here everyone does. Sheri, I found the directions, managed to open the Stapled together box and will attempt to scan them tonight, if you would privately message me with your email I will send them. It is quite a few pages so I will have to do it later, barn time now while it is light out.
  20. These weblinks are hosted on Facebook, so you must be logged into your Facebook account in order to view them. Click on the photo's timestamp to view this dollhouse's gallery