Goldenrodfarm

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Goldenrodfarm

1. Maybe they wanted to see the stairs, kind of different though
  2. Goldenrodfarm

Surgery

The thought of surgery is more scary then the real thing, you will do fine! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  3. Goldenrodfarm

Ghost bride

So lovely and sad, she needs a widows walk! I would love to see her in real life, the veil is beautiful!
  4. I bought a wisteria on etsy from The Miniature garden,Georgie Steeds also a dandelion because I though it would be better to do a small one first. I haven't done it yet because I need to finish a piece of furniture first. I will look into the other kits you mentioned, landscaping is high on my list of what a dollhouse should look like.
  5. I had to google it, seems like ebay has a ton of different shopkins,
  6. The floors came out really good, I love the tub too, coming along great!
  7. I was excited to get a set of smaller knitting needles today. I had smaller sizes but not smaller enough! My set was size US size 1, 0, 00, and 000. Which is 2.25mm, 2mm, 1.75 mm, 1.5 mm as near as I can figure, there are a lot of conversion charts online and they do not all agree. I looked online for quite a while to find some smaller sizes, there was one site but they made me nervous by sending me to paypal for just putting an item in my cart. I was looking at dolls from someone in Australia and discovered she had the smaller needles I wanted, when I had picked out several sizes I came across a set that was a much better deal. The set are sizes listed in UK/mm/US and include 24/0.5mm/8x0, 21/0.75/6x0, 19/1mm/00000, 18/1.25mm/0000, 17/1,5mm/000, 16/1.75mm/00 and 15/2mm/0 plus a set of 4 double pointed needles 21/0.75/000000, a cabl needle that is 1mm and a knitting needle and crochet hook universal gauge that has the smaller sizes, the one I have now only goes down to size 1. It looks like she used double pointed needles and put beads on the end, because the first thing that happened was one of the beads fell off, but I just super glued it back in place. There were several projects I wanted to knit but didn't have the smaller needles, so back to knitting!
  8. We don't have weird animals either Just bear that sleep all winter deer that run around when the snow is low, or they can walk on top and on occasional moose or coyote, and bobcats that wonder around, Northern Maine has a lot of the same weather you have and animals too!
  9. I love the detail in your creation, I find aging hard, and you have the shoes perfectly! The bow is a nice touch, I have a mini bow maker, too sure makes life easier!
  10. Goldenrodfarm

Draping

She is coming along wonderfully, such beautiful work you are doing!
  11. Very nice, your attention to detail makes it look so real! I can see the attraction to doing a room box particularly if you have a lot of miniatures to showcase
  12. On the website it said they expect it 1/31/18, I like the house, it has great possibilities but the last think I need is another project. With roof access I would think it would be a difficult house to photograph.
  13. I looked up your group, looks interesting!
  14. Not today's project, today is a cleanout the barn day, or as I like to call it my cardio exercise for the day, but I will do that if I find any of my brushes, I just thought when I read your post that they may be in the desk upstairs!
  15. Anna, you have a wonderful imagination, I look forward to your progress! Linda, that is great, have a wonderful vacation!
  16. Goldenrodfarm

IMG-2451.JPG

I like the cream, looks rich, I love watching your progress!
  17. I need to look into brushes, got the paints, and found a pad for acrylics but can't find any smaller brushes!
  18. Didn't you ever hear that dragons shouldn't live in wooden houses? I would name her Pearl, she looks iridescent!
  19. Just saw this, beautiful! so right for ivy cottage!
  20. She looks so like the dragons in Anne McCaffrey's books, I am in love!
  21. She is beautiful, I have a huge soft spot for Dragons, and way too many of them hanging around here, she looks like a perfect size, where is her weyr?
  22. With a simple jig you can make all your legs look the same, that wouldn't happen if I just started carving lol, and once you have it made you can reuse it as much as you want. I would rather do it on my dremel router, the big router table is too big for such a tiny item, and it is outside in the cold and weights about 300 lbs so it is not moving!
  23. Goldenrodfarm

IMG_2714.jpg

I am also in love with the stove, really like the ceiling too, it is all coming together really nicely!
  24. I started making a jig to make some cabriole legs for a table, mostly because a search doesn't turn up any big enough for a dining room table. The biggest I could find was 1 9/16 and that would only be coffee table size I think, most dining room tables are 30" high so that would be about 2 1/4" leaving 1/4" for the top. I discovered that I don't have the correct edge bit for the big router, but would rather use the dremel router for something that small. The only dremel edge bits are for the trio, but I did see that someone else bought them and machined them down from 3/16 to 1/4, which I might be able to do on the small lathe. Decisions decisions. The only reason I started in the direction of making them was because I couldn't find an unfinished oval table with cabriole legs. I have unfinished chairs, and would like them to be all the same color when I stain them, and I don't like the dark mahogany stain that most of the tables are done in.