4 Neutral

About graymachine

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    David

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. She is 5, so I expect to be performing repairs at a minimum; normally I wouldn't give her something that is really intended for older people, but her enthusiasm coupled with it being an opportunity to teach her about responsibility helped me make the decision, not to mention that it is something that we can do together.
  2. To be fair, this won't be something that is highly focused on detail or accuracy; I promised my daughter that she would get to pick out the paint, carpet, etc. so I can fully expect purple walls, orange carpet, polkadots and so on. Still, she already can't contain her excitement.
  3. Hello, my name is David and I live in Kentucky. I purchased a Beacon Hill to build for my daughter after we went to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and she fell in love with all of the dollhouse and dollhouse-related exhibits there. I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I am not particularly worried; it'll just take steady work, assuming the cats don't attack it. I'm on the forum looking for particular help with the instructions from time to time. Thanks for anyone that can help me!
  4. @Beulah Thanks! @havanaholly Thanks! No, I am not using hot glue; I never liked the stuff. I do woodworking, as well as metalworking, so I have plenty of quality wood glue and epoxies on hand, which is what I am using. I'm dragging an angle form along the glue edge to attempt to give a more realistic wall corner, but I am expecting to have to go back with a dremel to sand. @L Swearengin I had previously found her, but I couldn't find any meaty details about my particular problem. A lot of helpful tips, though. Amongst other things, I realized that I don't have a lot of small scale tools. @rbytsdy I might simply be misunderstanding what it means by 'joint'; I work in transportation and joint means a particular thing on plans, which I'm getting the impression is a looser meaning here. @Summersethomes Thanks!
  5. Hello, I was hoping someone could help clear up my confusion; I am building a Beacon Hill house and this is my first one. It is going smoothly, at least for being early in the process, but I am confused by the instructions and everything I read online tells me I should be terrified of gluing when I am not suppose to. The step I am on is Step 4 of section B. I interlocked the Right Wall with the Second Floor but it says to, "Glue just the section of this joint between First and Second Floor (5), nowhere else!" But there is no joint that goes between the first and second floors. Which joint should I glue? Thanks for any help you can provide!