Foxbright

• Last visited

4 Neutral

About Foxbright

Profile Information

• Interests
    BJDs, kendo, kung fu, martial arts in general, baking, gardening, reading, writing

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Gen
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

410 profile views
  1. Thank you, everyone, for being so welcoming! It's refreshing, in these days of Reddit and angry comment threads. ;) Yep, I should have said for sure, but it's the Farmhouse--I took an hour today and went through to make sure it still had all the pieces after twenty years of being moved from one garage to another. It's missing a couple of feet of corner join and one other small piece, but I've already found a guy on Ebay who will sell replacement pieces for only a couple of dollars, so I can be on my way whenever I'm ready. I'm debating whether or not to get something like the Orchid as sort of a tutorial house--still a lovely size, but not gargantuan, and while I know they've got some different techniques it would give me a chance to learn some things before starting on this one. But I have this one already, and I'm itching to get started...the craftsman's dilemma, eh? Do what's in front of me, or do something else AND what's in front of me? I hope everyone's having a great evening!
  2. Hi there! This afternoon, a friend of mine gave me a dollhouse kit that she's had in her garage (yikes) since before her kids were born; a Duracraft 505. It was packed in 1995, about a week before my thirteenth birthday--I can only hope that it doesn't fall entirely apart when I start putting it together. I'm really thrilled that she thought of me. I've never built a dollhouse before. I always wanted one as a child, but there was never room in the houses where I grew up. When I hit adulthood I got into BJDs, doing all my own faceups, making my own wigs, etc; I've been building cardboard roomboxes for them, but never had an actual dollhouse kit. It's a different thing almost entirely, I think, from working in scavenged Amazon boxes and hot glue. And now I have this marvelous present, which is huge and overwhelming and probably not a good place for a total n00b to start? I'm excited, but also I very badly don't want to mess it up, so I suppose I might get a much smaller and less-expensive kit and start with that. At any rate, I'm really glad to find the resource of these forums, so that if I get into a tight spot I can beg for help!