Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    tanya
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I ended up removing the wallpaper Sable. I tried Shannon's suggestion of using tacky glue on a primed scrap piece of wood, putting the glue on the wood instead of the wallpaper and it solved the problem Don't know if i used too much wallpaper paste or it was the humidity (we had 3 days of 80-100% humidity the last three days here in Connecticut) anyway this worked so much easier for me. Thank you for all the helpful suggestions everyone. this site is awesome!
  2. Shannonc60 thank you, I tried your suggestion last night on a scrap piece of wood, primed it and then used tacky glue, everything dried beautifully with no seep through and when i peeled back an edge this afternoon it was dry underneath. I realized this way prevents me from easily removing the wallpaper at a later date but it is the only thing that has worked. Also putting the glue on the wood instead of the paper was soo much easier.
  3. Hi, I posted earlier about wallpaper difficulties and got several good suggestions which I am going to try. I removed the old wallpaper which was stained thru with wallpaper paste in several areas and the paste was wet and tacky. What is strange is that it was dry 24 hrs after I applied it and was perfectly fine for 3 days. My question is has anyone had problems with humidity? I live in a very humid area. Could this have caused the paste to dry and then become wet again? would appreciate any suggestions
  4. yes I do I will try this, thank you! nice to meet you btw
  5. I did prime with waterbased acrylic paint, white and it has only been three days. Would using too much paste in certain areas possible cause this? and what about using sealer on the wallpaper first? would that keep staining from happening?
  6. Hi everyone I am building my first dollhouse, the orchid, and this is definitely a practice house. I have had to fix so many mistakes lol. I have a problem now that I don't know how to fix so maybe one of you can help me. I wallpapered one wall of my dollhouse with mucilage wallpaper paste three days ago and now i have darkened areas showing up. I don't know what I did wrong or how to fix it or do I have to remove it and start over. My wallpaper is white with small flowers btw. Thank you for any suggestions.