• Real Name
    J
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,703 profile views
  1. JSundbakken

Beacon Hill Rehab

I was given this Beacon Hill kit with a build started with hot glue. Watch my progress in dismantling and rebuilding this classic kit. As of July, I have dismantled the original build, scraped all the hot glue, primed and painted main pieces, and started assembly.
  2. Thank you everyone for your excellent suggestions! My daughter wants the name to just be Beach House, so that’s what we chose!
  3. Hi All! I have recently completed the build on my Linfield that took a few years of procrastination, and now I’m ready to name the house. I prompted ChatGPT (you should get the free app) for some names for a handmade mermaid themed dollhouse and received these suggestions-do any of these look nice or do you have a suggestion? Here are ten names for a handmade mermaid themed dollhouse: 1. Ocean Haven Cottage 2. Mermaid Lagoon Retreat 3. Coral Cove Castle 4. Seashell Serenity Villa 5. Enchanting Aquatica Mansion 6. Pearl Harbor Hideaway 7. Siren's Song Seaside Chalet 8. Neptune's Treasure Manor 9. Fin-tastic Underwater Palace 10. Mariana Mermaid Mansion I hope you find these names enchanting and suitable for your dollhouse! Thoughts?
  4. My Linfield build is complete! This is my first experience with tape wiring a house, and it wasn’t as difficult as I expected, just time consuming…On to furnishings.
  5. Thank you so much Carrie! We also have the same sconces with the seashell!
  6. This may have been answered before but I have some questions about adding electric light fixture...I have electrified my house with tapewire, first time electric user. I have successfully tested the circuits from top to bottom and all is good. My next step is to add my fixtures and posterboard walls. How do you add your fixtures? Do you plug directly into the tapewire or use an outlet? I am using scones, ceiling lights and lamps along with posterboad walls - to easier make adjustments/design changes if needed later. May need sconce adapters... The Cir-Kit tapewire instruction book says to use the brads (pg.20) as placeholders for the outlet, then push the wallpaper over the brads. I am thinking that I will mark the placement of the tapewire on the opposite side of the posterboard wall so I know where to puncture for the outlet/or plug insertion point. Does anyone have an easier method?
  7. JSundbakken

Half scale splurges

Thank you for the sale tip...I got some good deals as well! Beautiful mini furniture!
  8. JSundbakken

Dora Kuhn

I love collecting Dora Kuhn! I have a tiny room box, a house filled with furniture and more waiting to fill future houses.
  9. JSundbakken

Arrow 10 Room Dream House

This is the first house that I worked on that began my dollhouse intrigue. It was a rehab job and still needs a few items completed, but my little girl wants to still play with it "like a kid", so the delicate stuff will have to wait until she's older. We like to throw dolls in and out of the windows.
  10. JSundbakken

Greenleaf Orchid

11. I've heard of using magnets under the wallpaper and affixed to the picture you want to hang. But I use white poster tack.
  12. Sable, that would awesome , but the way the model is built, the triangle for the gable in the third floor is connected to the lower walls in the first and second floor in one piece. Humph!
  13. Thanks everyone for your help! Mine does look almost exactly like otterine's house with the walls and flloors not quite matching up. I am making stencils of the walls for wallpaper and floors since I will be electrifying for the first time! Cross fingers. So....I can use the stencils to help, but it will be a lot of cut and paste. Looking on the bright side, maybe I can use some the gaps to run wire through? I have eliminated the staircases and holes in the floor for them so I have more decorating space.
  14. Dura Craft Linfield LN-190, It was made in the 90s. Not sure, but I think it's plywood, it splinters and needs a lot of sanding for smoothness.