1 Neutral

About rosesforlily

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Sharon

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you all so, so much. This is very helpful. I went to the craft store "garage sale" and got a textured scrapbook paper that looks like a tin ceiling. Nine year old Buglette painted it and is ready to put it in. Once people found out what she was doing, they gave us many other pieces of scrapbook paper for wallpaper, so when she's ready we have some fantastic possibilities there. We also found paint on Lowe's 'oops' rack, which I think she will use on the outside eventually. She egg-carton flagstoned the foundation and it looks great! Emily, we've been following your walkthrough on the Fairfield for the last week, and it's been very helpful. I'm learning to let her do it instead of thinking it needs to be just-so. I love all of the suggestions for lights. I'm not sure which direction she's going to head -- on our very toe-dip into lights, she was certain she wanted round wiring, but I'm looking at tape and it makes so much more sense for her skill level. The LEDs from Amazon might also be the direction we head since it is her first dollhouse; but I think she has her heart set on a chandelier. Maybe a combination of the two : battery operated options give us that choice, don't they? Again, thank you all so very much. This is seeming much less daunting.
  2. Just wanted to add that I LOVE the "Do It Yourself" thread and I've already sent my daughter in that direction. that's super helpful!
  3. Help! My nine-year-old just purchased the Fairfield as her first real dollhouse kit build. We are just finishing the tape run and I can tell for so many reasons that this wasn't a good place for her to start, but I'm looking for a way to encourage her to continue this hobby while not spending thousands of dollars just yet. (She's only 9. I would like to be sure this is a hobby that will stick for a bit.) I think she'll be good at it -- I'll see if I can figure out how to attach a photo of how she "bricked" the inside of the fireplaces by sponging off a second layer of paint. Here are our current dilemmas: Inexpensive lighting? specifically for a half scale house? Staircases or a pull-down attic ladder for under $15? Any other tips about how to keep this hobby reasonably inexpensive would be hugely helpful! Thank you! edit: Here's a picture of her fireplace insides!