About eamedling

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Liz

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. My current project is repairing a very used, maybe not finished Laurel that I got for $10 on Craigslist. One of the things I know I want to do is remove the doors, which are currently glued in place, and add hinges so they can open. They are currently hot-glued in place, and I know that I can use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue for removal, but I'm concerned about what the heat will do to the windows in the doors themselves. The plastic looks very thin and I don't want it melted or warped if I can help it. Has anyone else dealt with this before? What did you do? Should I just plan on replacing the plastic while I have the doors out?
  2. Hello, all! I scored my first proper dollhouse on Craigslist yesterday, and it's a Laurel in desperate need of repair, so I thought I would jump on this forum to see what resources are available. Most of the construction is hot-glue, so I've been very carefully removing pieces and trying to figure out what my next steps are. Right now the porch needs the most work, but a lot of the detailing is also in jeopardy and it needs a new paint job. It had been at a Montessori school and got some rough handling, I expect. My other miniature project is a partially-completed room box that will eventually be a Tudor cottage, when I have the time to get it finished. I'm looking forward to browsing around the forums. Thank you!