1 Neutral

About JAleksy

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jess

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi all! I'm brand new to the forums - and to minus in general! I'm a Northeast-to-Pacific-Northwest-Transplant, FT working mom to a 2.5 yr old girl, wife of a very handy moto-building dude, and longtime lover of all things design and intracacy... so it's no surprise that when our little one started showing serious interest in doll houses, I jumped right into the deep end. Luckily, I found @elsbeth on here to help guide through the chaos. After much discussion, the hubby and I decided to purchase a fixer-upper that we could rehab *slowly* while the kiddo gets to enjoy it... that way, when the inevitable toddler breaks happen, it'll just get added to the long term to do list. So we've got a massive dollhouse in the (motorcycle) shop - PICS ATTACHED - and a wishlist of plans for it. At the top of the list is: -Reglue/touch ups to exterior (but it seems to be in good, sturdy shape!) -Stripping of interior components that aren't salvageable (or, some flooring and wallpaper) -Replacement of stripped items... properly!... so that it will withstand at least a few years of toddler play. -Purchase of some"starter" furniture pieces and doll set for the big reveal this holiday!! Of course, I've got some nagging questions that need answering in order to get going, so I'm sure I'll be on here a lot to learn. But most importantly: DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS HOUSE? The previous owner knew nothing about its life thus far, but I'd love to start researching original plans/pieces if they exist. Lay it on me folks - what have I gotten myself into?!??!? TIA and looking forward to getting to know you all! https://www.facebook.com/jessica.e.m.aleksy/posts/10100579569959127