2 Neutral

About Gpcooke

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Greg

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks very much for the ideas. Gina's blog is also great, and provides lots of info that I wish I'd known before I started this model.
  2. Hi, I just breezed through some of the Beacon Hill posts and am glad to know there are others who have had 'learning experiences' with this model. Maybe someone here can help me have one of my own... I am currently working on the window trim for the 5 bay windows (Instruction R. Front and Left Bay Windows). The instruction sheet (R.1) indicates that the 5 sheets 22 contain two exterior bay window trim pieces and one interior. Instruction R.5 says to “Preassemble the Exterior Trim centering the pieces with the wider opening on the part with the narrower opening.”However all 10 exterior trim pieces are the same size. If I preassemble these, there will be no relief on the exterior bay window trim, which will detract significantly from these wonderful features of the house. I assume this is a cutting error on my particular kit. Please tell me if this is characteristic of all of these kits, what a workaround might be or how I can replace these five sheets 22 with those which are correctly cut.Thanks for your help,Greg CookeCentennial, CO
  3. Hi, I built my first Greenleaf, The Glencroft, for my daughter when she was six. Now she's grown with a daughter of her own and I'm tackling my second effort, the Beacon Hill. It has been a while, but I'm retired now and have time to enjoy the work. Are there any other members here from the Denver area? If so, let's talk! Greg