Minigirl

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Minigirl

1. Actually those can stoves are still popular except they would burn the dollhouse down. Candle stove is metal and actually dollhouse size . You can put a tea light candle in them. They advertise them as keeping a mug warm but someone in Asia used a dollhouse with doll dishes and cooks mini meals on one. Needless to say those videos went viral. It looks good till this giant hand comes into frame.
  2. Everything is so pretty! I see kitty was so helpful too.
  3. No but maybe one day. I think I saw a homemade one on you tube. There is a German one for about $80 I like but think it is over priced. I think I have seen it on ebay.
  4. Wish I knew about this sooner. I have family in Columbus and yes Jeni's is superb! Oh and I have to get this in....Go Bucks! OH.....
  5. Excellent! Love the windows and shutters!
  6. Yes, I am and I think my name is laughingstamper on Pinterest. I get a great deal of inspiration by pinning photos and have many boards. I have so many relating to miniatures that I have sub categories for miniatures. I pin to my main mini board if I am in a hurry and then categorize it from there. I find it a quick way to learn about a new interest too. It is a very helpful tool.
  7. Minigirl

Family

Sweet! Landscaping looks good too!
  8. Welcome Mini Maven! Saw you had dollhouse museums listed on your site. I see the Kathleen Savage Browning Miniatures are missing from you list and well worth a look. I think this is a Cadillac of miniature collections with the crowning jewel being the Spencer House. It was made by Mulvany and Rodgers. The childhood home of Diana Spencer Princess of Wales. This is a video about the house. It's been a while since I have viewed the video but I believe the Spencer House was made and furnished in Great Britain for the tune of $250,000. Yes the silver is real sterling in this mini. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
  9. No kidding, it could get out of hand in a real hurry if you don't watch out. Since I papercraft, I have been kicking around the idea of making mini wall art for a while now but wasn't sure I could work in such small scale. Seeing your WC inspired me to give it shot. I made some mini stamped pieces which I hand colored. They turned out ok considering I have not stamped in 2 years. I still like your WC images better. I will try to post my etsy shop today or tomorrow on my page here. Just not sure I can list my blog and an etsy store. I have to go figure all of that out.
  10. Minigirl

Resident

Oh my, time to serve an eviction notice!
  11. No mini stores in K'ville unless you include the few mini's that Hobby Lobby Carries. There is a dollhouse museum with a mini store up in KY a few hours away.
  12. The cabinet looks great! What a beautiful job on the faux finish!!!!!
  13. The bottom line is that you do what you like! Having said that and studying everything Victorian for the last 30 years I can say this. Your house is an Italianate Victorian. A grand Renaissance Revival home. They were very popular during the 1840s-1890s in the U.S. I referenced a few of my architecture books (Bicknell's Victorian Buildings, Sloan's Victorian Buildings, A Victorian Housebuilder's Guide) and they are full of Italianate style homes. None of them use shutters on this style home. Hope this helps.
  14. Do you have a mini candle stove? If so have you cooked on it?
  15. I'm sorry your fur baby is gone. That is tough because they are members of the family. My dog is so loyal and the best company! Oh that's so cool that you could share your hobby with the neighbors that way! Nice to have the company coming by to chat. I'll cross my fingers your new place has an indoor designated creative space to get out of the weather. Brrrrrrr! Hope you won't mind the drastic change in climate heading east. We are having cold nights and cool days now and I wish it would stay above freezing. Not ready for the cold season yet. Happy travels! Well I'm off to the polymer clay now. I have cherries calling my name!
  16. You're not kidding!!! Same goes for me on the builds. I can't wait to go to a show or mini museum to see things in real life. I'll learn so much when I do! Glad you enjoyed your show!
  17. Hello Giselle, welcome! I too looked at your shop and loved it!!! Would have bought a few things myself but have already shot my wad for the month so I saved them for later. Maybe next month. Your prices are great! I just opened an etsy shop last night to hopefully offset the miniature fund. Miniatures are definitely an expensive eneavor but it's so cool! I think the people are cool too!
  18. I started reading this thread last week and it struck a chord in me. I thought.....time for folks to band together and get Monica set up with miniatures again and as I read, you all were doing just that! Kudos to this group! You all are good! I came back to read everything from the last few days and I see Monica is heading to Knoxville and I think.......no way...no freaking way, that is my neck of the woods. Maybe one day I can head into Knoxville and meet another mini addict! Share a few goodies along the way! Oh, moving during the winter just means more time for mini work! That's how I look at it anyway.
  19. Thanks Deborah and Joanne! You are very kind. Karin, love the shape or your new room box!
  20. You certainly have lots of real estate to decorate and have fun with! Hope you have lots of fun making it your own. Giant cat in house window....too funny! LOL!