1 Neutral

About Rachel_MT

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Rachel

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out the best plan for laying the wiring in the house. It's a bit intimidating but I hope I'll learn as I go.
  2. Thank you! I made them from beads, jewelry findings, and a keychain ring that I shaped into the right size.
  3. Thank you very much! I think I get the idea. The candle sockets would look great in some lights while the wired bulbs would be great for others. Maybe I'll keep some of the bi-pins I ordered and try them out. Thank you very much for your response and help!
  4. I purchased some light bulbs to add to DIY light fixtures. When they came in the mail they were different than I expected. Mainly, the wires were much shorter and were not insulated. Did I order the wrong thing? Can I still use these for my light fixtures? I'm a total newbie to the Dollhouse world and this is my first build and first lighting project. However, I'm experienced in other handicrafts so if you have any advice I'm sure I could manage it. Thank you!
  5. Thank you for your reply. It looks like it was mostly put together with hot glue. However there are areas where it looks like a different, white glue was used. Possibly a wood glue. There are dried drips on a few walls. Any advice for those?
  6. I recently purchased this half constructed Beacon Hill dollhouse. I have the original box, the rest of the pieces, and the instruction manual. The dollhouse is a little bit wobbly and not all of the joints are lined up properly. Also, some of the foundation pieces are falling off, as well as a few interior walls on the main floor. Do you think I should take it apart, scrape off the old glue, and start from scratch? I was thinking that might be best but I'm open to any other advice this forum has for me! This is my first build so I have another question. When preparing the pieces to fit together am I supposed to sand the edges until they create a mitered fit? I noticed large gaps between pieces of the trim (picture below). Do I just use wood filler to make everything join smoothly? Thank you! Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/8d3IX