2 Neutral

About 7Kidsmommy

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Michelle

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Does anyone know if the New Haven addition will also fit the old Newport house? I scored a Newport kit on Facebook for a steal and would like to make my house bigger...
  2. Im ordering the Arthur tommorow. It was the one that called my name the most. I love that front porch! The Buttercup just looked a little too small for me. Ive also had my eye on the Fairfield too but Ive never done a laser cut before so I want to give it a try first. My husband is going to give me evil looks for buying another dollhouse but, oh well... I'll just tell him that my toys are pretty and his transformers are ugly! I plan to build the half scale houses and put them in my china cabinet in the dining room... im tired of looking at dinerware we never use ;)
  3. The problem havanaholly is that theyre all screaming extra loud...
  4. Chalk and milk are really similiar. Milk paint is easier to distress but it has a more durable finish once dried. I am going to eventually do a halloween house so ill try the milk paint on that one. I think it would be better to get the dilapidated look im going to try to go for. I will probably still seal it with varnish to protect it from fingers and claws. I use waverly brand chalk varnish which is a flat finish.
  5. Im looking to buy my first half scale kit! Which one should I get?? I like them all but can afford only one right now... My faves are the arthur, the buttercup and the rosedale. Input on the best one for a virgin half scaler is appreciated.
  6. In my opinion it came out great. I just made sure to seal it with the varnish so it wasnt so "dull". I figured with 7 kids and multiple cats the paint aould need a little protecting. I will post pics when i get to my 5 posts. :)
  7. Im rehabbing a vermont farmhouse jr. I have alot of chalk paint on hand so the house got a generous coating of waverly agave with white trim and black accents and then i varnished it. What type of paint does every one else use? Whats your favorite brand?
  8. Ive never used the expanding gorilla glue before. I do however use the gorilla wood glue for glueing on the trim pieces... it seems to hold better than aleenes for the small pieces
  9. Thanks every one for the warm welcome. I'll start posting some pics as soon as I hit my 5 posts :)
  10. Hi everyone. Ive been lurking around this forum as a guest for a while ( actually years) and decided to take the plunge and register. Im currently renovating a rgt vermont farmhouse jr, building the rgt newport, and am the proud owner of a queen anne kit that resides in my attic until i can find a place big enough to be built. In the past ive built the greenleaf laurel with a primrose addition ( my first house, gifted to my niece) and a rgt victorias farmhouse (i never finished her and she was lost in a move). I love browsing the forum and finding answers to the many questions that i have about building or renovating. Thanks for letting me a part of this wonderful forum.
  11. 7Kidsmommy

Vermont farmhouse jr.

I purchased this one mostly built on fb for $30. She was dark and drab looking with her olive green paint job. Shes now agave (waverly chalk paint)