6 Neutral

About staceyRN

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Stacey
  1. Thank you for the link. I've been looking for samples of this finished but haven't been able to find any. WOW! Karin's work is fabulous!
  2. I love researching, so this is a bonus! The more I look at the house and look things up on the web, I'm thinking this is more Victorian than Gothic Revival. I don't see many of the Gothic Rival with the towers. I'm not sure where I saw this house listed as such.
  3. Everyone is so helpful here with great ideas! Can't wait to open the box and get started. I'll post pictures as I go.
  4. My eyes and hands are not all that young either...wish me luck!
  5. Well, I've taken the dive and bought my first dollhouse! I'm going with the quarter scale Jasmine Gothic Revival. It should be here in a few days. I've been doing research on what that period looked like. Not that I want to be super realistic, but it would be nice to stay with the period as much as possible. From what I understand, gothic revival colors were a little drab. I'm not too excited about that, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if I can post pictures yet. Going to try. I'm looking for advice because I'm thinking of moving the outside stairs and entrance to the porch to the front of the house so that I will have a bit more yard space. That would give me enough room on the right of the porch perhaps to add a swing facing left (not sure about measurements yet). Also, that would give me enough room in the yard for a small flower garden and potting station and perhaps a tree with tree house... . Any suggestions on the awkward corner jutting out on the left hand side of the house? I'm thinking of either cutting it off or "planting" a bush there. Super excited here! Stacey
  6. Thank you for the clarification. I didn't want to make a mistake.
  7. I'm about to post in the "first dollhouse" discussion. But before I do that, I want to be sure its ok to post dollhouses other than Greenleaf. Thank you, Stacey
  8. Thank you Lawanda. I'm in Whittier. Quite a way from the fires.
  9. Hi Samantha, Yes, I am toilsandtroubles. The sofa was great fun to work on ....sad to see it go. I became a bit attached to it. Anyhow, I agree, I think 1:144 is going to be too small. I am more interested in the architecture, build and finishing touches as opposed to furnishing. I just need to take the plunge and purchase a kit and get started!
  10. Hello there! This looks to be a great forum and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of it! I'm new at dollhouse building (as in never have before). I tinkered at one time with scratch building a balsa wood haunted shack, but never finished it. I do love miniatures and have always been fascinated by them. I have just started buying miniature furniture on Ebay and revamping them into Halloween themes. I don't think I'm am allowed to post a link but you can search completed auctions under "halloween, black cats, sofa, swarovski crystal" just to get an idea of what I do. Love Halloween too! Anyhow, what I am getting at is, I suddenly realized I didn't have to just buy and sell miniatures...why can't I have a dollhouse of my own? I guess I have always wanted one but didn't admit it to myself! And then there is the space issue...but then...why not go small(er)? So I am now looking at quarter scale and 1:144. I really like 1:144, but I don't see any kits available now that I am drawn to. The ones I do like are no longer available. That leaves me with quarter scale. I am looking at the Jasmine Gothic Victorian - wondering if that may be too ambitious for a beginner? Or perhaps the Little Anne Victorian...but that may not be ambitious enough. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Stacey