107 Excellent

About IndyCindy

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Cynthia

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. In my humble opinion, Etsy is an AMAZING source for miniatures! I've never sold on Etsy - only bought - but I've had wonderful experiences finding unique miniatures and unusual pieces.
  2. https://www.etsy.com/listing/692742113/dollhouse-miniature-ladderback-chair?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_ps--craft_supplies_and_tools-power_seller&utm_custom1=_k_4b73db3c2a8c1af3ef41bd3df8bc182a_k_&utm_content=bing_412385672_1302921577837751_81432662801880_pla-4585032213878120:aud-805670566:pla-4585032213878120_c__692742113&utm_custom2=412385672&msclkid=4b73db3c2a8c1af3ef41bd3df8bc182a Here's a similar look for $7.25/chair on Etsy. The finials on the seat back could probably easily be trimmed off and sanded to look more like the original. The crossbars and everything look spot on! And since they're unfinished, you could stain or paint to your liking.
  3. https://evandesigns.com/ I've had excellent experiences with lighting components from Evan Designs. I've never had an issue with an order, and they have a nice selection if you're looking for something a little special, like flickering colored bulbs for fireplace inserts, etc.
  4. Thanks for the leads, Jeanne. I've made some McQueenie kits before and they have some perfect pieces for my castle. I've arranged to be notified when Medieval Morsels is back too! I appreciate your input!
  5. This chair is A-MAZ-ING the way you finished it! I never thought to "upholster" these Gothic chairs, but it looks gorgeous. You've definitely inspired me to think beyond just staining the wood. I've been thinking a lot about ways to incorporate fabric, color, and texture into this next project of mine. I am absolutely giddy; thanks for sharing this!
  6. Thanks for the info and feedback. I feel like I can make an informed decision now.
  7. I'm about to embark on a new build - a 1/12th scale castle keep! I'm struggling to find quality Medieval-style miniatures. The selection at most of my favorite online shops is sparse at best. Any resources for this specific style and period would be appreciated.
  8. I've never used the "Magic Masonry" line to stencil bricks and blocks, but I'm intrigued. If you've used it before, how steep was the learning curve and were you pleased with the results? My biggest concern is that I think the blocks will look too uniform. I've always done bricks with egg carton material, and while the process is somewhat tedious, I actually love the irregular results. Please share your thoughts if it's a product you've used.
  9. This is incredible. Nice work!
  10. I just read this on the homepage at Miniature Cottage: We are sorry to hear of the passing of Braxton Payne. We carried his fireplaces for a lot of years. We got to know Braxton at Guild School and loved hearing all about his huge family! He will be missed! I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Payne myself, but I thought some of you in the miniature community may not have heard the sad news of his passing. Some of my favorite little planters and hanging baskets were made by him, and his fireplaces were gorgeous.
  11. Just ordered some black wax shoe polish and I will definitely test an inconspicuous spot on the bottom before I do the whole thing. So excited to try this! Thanks again!
  12. Hi KathieB! Thanks to you and your friend - I don't want it to look horrid! I do have questions though. . . black wax shoe polish . . .does it matter that the wood is already stained? Or does that not matter once it's painted with black acrylic? Also, do I need to seal/varnish after the shoe polish is applied and buffed to a shine? Will the polish rub off if I don't seal it in some way? I'm excited to try this technique with the black shoe polish! Love learning new things from this community. Thank you! Thank you!
  13. Can anyone recommend a super glossy paint that works well for minis? I've completed constructing a 12th scale piano, and after a staining nightmare (another story for another day), I think the only way to save it is to paint it with a high gloss black finish. Glossy paints are uncharted territory for me. Thanks in advance for suggestions and recommendations!