Bandaid

Silver Member
  • Last visited

1 Neutral

About Bandaid

1. We have time issues or I would use the wood provided in the kit. We found some really nice sheet flooring at Hobby Lobby that should make things a little easier. I have to make sure to leave time enough for the wife to decorate the interior!
  2. Hopefully I'll start posting some pictures soon.
  3. It's the 550 but I've purchased some trim for the gables and around the tower and are also going to be putting shakes on the gables. I personally don't like the "Swiss" look of the gables.
  4. Mid-life it seems to be pine. The flooring appears to be very thin strips of walnut. I think I'm going to go with faux sheet hardwood flooring!
  5. Hi everyone! I'm Bill aka Bandaid from Northwest Ohio 50 miles due west of Toledo. Now for a little background. I started building plastic car models at an early age and from that I graduated to larger models, ships, airplanes etc. From there I went on to build elaborate sailing ship replicas and large radio controlled airplanes. In the late 80's we purchased a Duracraft San Franciscan to build for our daughter. Shortly after beginning the build we moved into a new home and with a new home came a new puppy which promptly decided dollhouse building material makes a great chew toy. With a new home ,a new puppy, and new job the San Franciscan was stowed away almost forgotten for almost 30 years. A few years ago we were given a gift of a beautiful grand daughter and the thought of the San Franciscan as a Christmas Gift for her and my daughter saved it from obscurity. Three months ago we began by taking inventory of all the materials and what had been damaged. Everything was ok except for the finial on the roof and a few pieces of siding, no problem there's the internet and anything can be found on the world wide web. Wrong! Duracraft siding is as rare as a Dodo bird sighting! With a little trial and error and a lot of frustration I was able to make my own siding. We are now in the process of beginning the build after pre assembly, priming, and painting. Any and all help along the way will be deeply appreciated as I'm sure there will be many questions.