Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Julia
  • Country
    United States
  1. I guess I need to make a few posts in order for the system to know that I am not a robot LOL!!! I still can’t upload any photos.
  2. Not sure how to upload pics as the message I am receiving is that the photos are too large.
  3. I inherited a dollhouse kit from my biological mother who passed away a year ago. I met her when I was 20 years old and was mesmerized by her talents when we met, one of which was her passion for building miniatures and dollhouses. The dollhouse I recieved was the SW Crafts 1979 Fantasy Island House. Although the pieces were in good condition, the box was in bad shape and the instructions were missing. Fortunately Google Search brought me to this site where I was able to connect with MadTex1967 who was more than happy to send me a copy of the instructions. I was also able to make contact with a women in the UK that finished the house last year (took 7 years to complete) and the photos of the house she built also provided many tips. Although I am really excited about the progress I am making...the journey has been a bit frustrating . The first level is close to complete and i am getting ready to start on the second story. It appears that the tower for the house is missing but I can’t confirm this until i finish the next stage as there are still questions on what parts are there. It looks like i will be using LED battery operated lights as I am not comfortable with tape or round light options. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I also have a box of dollhouse furniture kits and some extra dollhouse parts in the event i do decide that this is the first of many. There are so many talented builders in the dollhouse communities! The creativity and beautiful houses are so impressive. Both of our daughters are grown so it strictly my “toy” Thanks everyone and I look forward to completing the house so I can decorate it and enjoy it.
  4. Making progress on my Fantasy Island house. Thanks again MadTex1967 for the instructions!
  5. Jpro60

Fantasy Island Dollhouse

Here is the progress on the Fantasy Island Dollhouse I inherited. So much fun building this but LOTS of discoveries and learning curves. YIKES!!! It seemed like each step turned into multiple steps due to my inexperience.