Sister Kyoya

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Sister Kyoya last won the day on January 8 2022

Sister Kyoya had the most liked content!

40 Excellent

About Sister Kyoya

Profile Information

• Interests
    Sewing, crafts of all sorts, making things with polymer clay, building various 1/3 and 1/4 scale (human, not dollhouse) props for dolls I've collected the last 6 years. I just like working with my hands and creating things.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jonathan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

822 profile views
  1. I've actually been reposting these from my Instagram. Personally I just find it easier to put them in the albums because I see them as my 'building photo book' and these little stories are me just being silly while making it easier to have plenty of pics of the build. This house especially, before I bought it I could find dismally few pics. It was a fight to see what the inside even looked like (The Adams has this same problem.) It's a cute house with nice details but definitely benefits from some simple modifications. Me playing around with these little stories gives me a chance to think through what I want to do and explore the possibilities. Also things like the tea box give some perspective, an aspect that can be hard to judge sometimes from pure measurements since I am a very highly visual person. I'm hoping that maybe somewhere down the line someone might find these useful. I know I prefer to look at the gallery to figure things out because I'm also dyslexic and I can gather info from pictures very rapidly compared to reading blocks of text.
  2. We have a pretty active bunch around here. They are good at keeping me company and helping me get things done.
  3. Sister Kyoya

Gingerspice Lodge [ The Madison ]

Turning a humble little Madison kit into a perfect Christmas house with faux gingerbread exterior.
  4. Sister Kyoya

Fussy Tama

Shareb: Thank you! Debora59: Tamayuki is a Volks Mini Dollfie Dream (MDD) with an Obitsu 45cm boy chest and is 44cm (17.25 inches tall) and is 1/4 scale. Dollfie Dream are anime styled vinyl dolls made in Japan. He can fit American Girl furniture but an American Girl is almost twice as wide as he is. Hana (Yukinohana, the long blond haired girl in some of the other pics) is a standard Dollfie Dream (DD) and is 57cm (22.5 inches tall) and is 1/3 scale. Tama was my first DD and at the time it was virtually unheard of to have a boy DD/MDD. Only about two years ago did Volks start making boy DD bodies and still do not have an MDD boy, despite having them for years in their resin ball-jointed doll line called Super Dollfie. Both Tama and Hana have DDH-03 heads (the same sculpt) but Tama has custom face paint that I did myself while Hana's was done in the Volks factory. Tama has glass eyes and are very uncommon for Dollfie Dream. They can be hard to photograph depending on the lighting making him look completely shocked. These type of eyes are standardly used for Super Dollfie. Hana has resin 'animetic' (anime style) eyes which are normally used for Dollfie Dreams. My husband and I have been collecting them for almost 7 years now and have quite a collection. If you are interested you can look at Dollfie Dreams on the Volks USA website.
  5. Thank you so much for posting these pics. I've been having a hard time finding good images of the Madison and I was searching once more before I decided to buy it. I've been having my eye on it for over a year but I didn't really know what to do with it. Right after Thanksgiving I got bit really hard to do some Christmas miniatures and thought I could just make a small room from foam core board to put it in. After struggling to decide on the dimensions (even though I have made rooms like that before) I decided to look at the Adams and Madison again. From the single (non-interior) pic in the store I thought it might be alright as Christmas cottage/Bavarian house/gingerbread house but seeing your pics gave me a lot more confident in my choice. I really love what you did with yours even if you found the landscaping difficult. I thought it was really fun seeing you 'raise the roof'. It made me stop ant think of what I would do with the attic space as well.
  6. Thank you so much! I was able to find one on Ebay. I have a punch needle but it looks like it was cheaply made in the 60's or 70's and it was in craft supplies I was gifted after an older family member passed away. I made one project with it (the poodle for a doll poodle skirt) and it worked, but even the needle had some tiny burs on it making it rougher than it should have been. So I'm really excited about this kit.
  7. Any suggestions on how to find a punch needle this small? I'd love to be able to do this. Your rug looks wonderful.
  8. Thank you. I have other project pics I want to add to this album just to show off what I'm capable of since I don't have hardly any miniatures. Actively having miniatures as a hobby is really new to me despite loving them for 30+ years. It feels like an entire creative frontier that I have no idea where the edge of my abilities are and I find it really exciting even if it can be daunting at times.
  9. It's a bit slow and tedious, but I think that has to do with trying to catch up on a lot of pics since November.
  10. When my husband and I saw it in the store it was just too hilarious to pass up. I'm hoping to get the sanding and next layer of paint done sometime today if I can find the energy. Really looking forward to putting the vinyl on and having it look right this time so I can progress with the project. It is going to be fun working on this one.
  11. I'm definitely planning on posting more pics. Just trying to catch up from the last couple of months and have at least a couple more albums to post before I feel like I'm current with my mini photos. Then it won't feel so daunting trying to remember where I am in the backlog. I have quite a few characters on these Obitsu 11cm bodies. I just love how poseable they are for being so small.
  12. Thank you. I was a bit worried that someone would get annoyed that these were not miniatures. I posted them to show that I have some building skills after someone mentioned that if I was an inexperienced builder that bashing two houses together may not be the best idea. I really should take a picture of my Dollfie Dreams standing next to one of my 1/12 scale dollhouses. They would tower over it. From the half scale furniture set I bought it looks like that scale would be perfect for 'play scale' dollhouses for them.
  13. I know I certainly will be working on it but it won't be any time soon unless inspiration strikes hard. I'm thinking of getting the Haunted House kit to get all the trim and everything this was always missing and possibly using it to add an addition to this house. Also to see if this indeed was copied from that kit. The dimentions may be off a tad. But right now it is just very hard because the house seems entirely silent. Havanaholly often mentions about a house speaking to someone, and this one hasn't in a very, very long time. Even as a child I was never very inspired by what to do inside. I love my childhood dollhouse so much that I want to turn it into the charming little house it always wanted to be, if I can just find a way to open up and talk with me again The other complication is I've never known how to work with a finished house other than just painting it. Even the pink striped wallpaper that is falling off doesn't seem right in the least. How do fae creatures decorate their walls anyway? Having a built house to begin with is at odds with how most people think of fairies or other fae creatures, but I grew up utterly in love with Strawberry Shortcake, Herself the Elf, and David the Gnome. Only that last one has at least a traditional house, but I always figured the fae just 'adopted' abandoned dollhouses, in kind of a Borrower's sense. One of the reasons I posted these pics here was in hopes to generate a conversation that could help me finally figure out Annie's house. It wasn't until just a bit ago that I realized I've never really talked with anyone about this house, other than the fact I had one and it belonged to Annie. No one has ever talked to m about the design, intent, feel, or personality of this house. Now it doesn't surprise me why it has always been so baffling to me. I've spent the last couple of hours looking it over again, giving it a long hard think. Part of me is tempted to divide the first floor into two floors since Annie is half the size of the room height. It would make for a cramped room space, but I don't really see that as a bad thing. She is so small with stubby arms (she is a 3 inch tall DAM troll from 1985) that any furniture or decorations would have to be custom made. The 1/12 scale furniture would never fit properly. I took more pictures this morning that I hope to get posted sometime later today if I get the chance.
  14. At the time I had considered something similar but was not looking forward to all the tedious work that could fail at a few points when my expectation was very high. The vinyl was the best of all the solutions I could research. Total bonus was that it was fast and easy.