Community Reputation

14 Good

About Sister Kyoya

• Rank
  • Birthday 10/08/78

Profile Information

• Gender Not Telling
  • Location Washington State
  • Interests Sewing, crafts of all sorts, making things with polymer clay, building various 1/3 and 1/4 scale (human, not dollhouse) props for dolls I've collected the last 6 years. I just like working with my hands and creating things.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience None
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jonathan
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

381 profile views
  1. Punch needle rug

Thank you so much! I was able to find one on Ebay. I have a punch needle but it looks like it was cheaply made in the 60's or 70's and it was in craft supplies I was gifted after an older family member passed away. I made one project with it (the poodle for a doll poodle skirt) and it worked, but even the needle had some tiny burs on it making it rougher than it should have been. So I'm really excited about this kit. 
  2. Punch needle rug

Any suggestions on how to find a punch needle this small? I'd love to be able to do this. Your rug looks wonderful.
  3. Custom doll couch- 2

Thank you.  I have other project pics I want to add to this album just to show off what I'm capable of since I don't have hardly any miniatures. Actively having miniatures as a hobby is really new to me despite loving them for 30+ years. It feels like an entire creative frontier that I have no idea where the edge of my abilities are and I find it really exciting even if it can be daunting at times.
  4. When I'm old, I'll build dollhouses...

It's a bit slow and tedious, but I think that has to do with trying to catch up on a lot of pics since November.
  5. Ready Waiting

When my husband and I saw it in the store it was just too hilarious to pass up. I'm hoping to get the sanding and next layer of paint done sometime today if I can find the energy. Really looking forward to putting the vinyl on and having it look right this time so I can progress with the project. It is going to be fun working on this one.
  6. Filling The Gaps

I'm definitely planning on posting more pics. Just trying to catch up from the last couple of months and have at least a couple more albums to post before I feel like I'm current with my mini photos. Then it won't feel so daunting trying to remember where I am in the backlog. I have quite a few characters on these Obitsu 11cm bodies. I just love how poseable they are for being so small.
  7. The Stage- 2

Thank you. I was a bit worried that someone would get annoyed that these were not miniatures. I posted them to show that I have some building skills after someone mentioned that if I was an inexperienced builder that bashing two houses together may not be the best idea. I really should take a picture of my Dollfie Dreams standing next to one of my 1/12 scale dollhouses. They would tower over it.  From the half scale furniture set I bought it looks like that scale would be perfect for 'play scale' dollhouses for them. 
  8. Having another look

I know I certainly will be working on it but it won't be any time soon unless inspiration strikes hard. I'm thinking of getting the Haunted House kit to get all the trim and everything this was always missing and possibly using it to add an addition to this house. Also to see if this indeed was copied from that kit. The dimentions may be off a tad. But right now it is just very hard because the house seems entirely silent. Havanaholly often mentions about a house speaking to someone, and this one hasn't in a very, very long time. Even as a child I was never very inspired by what to do inside. I love my childhood dollhouse so much that I want to turn it into the charming little house it always wanted to be, if I can just find a way to open up and talk with me again The other complication is I've never known how to work with a finished house other than just painting it. Even the pink striped wallpaper that is falling off doesn't seem right in the least. How do fae creatures decorate their walls anyway? Having a built house to begin with is at odds with how most people think of fairies or other fae creatures, but I grew up utterly in love with Strawberry Shortcake, Herself the Elf, and David the Gnome. Only that last one has at least a traditional house, but I always figured the fae just 'adopted' abandoned dollhouses, in kind of a Borrower's sense. One of the reasons I posted these pics here was in hopes to generate a conversation that could help me finally figure out Annie's house. It wasn't until just a bit ago that I realized I've never really talked with anyone about this house, other than the fact I had one and it belonged to Annie. No one has ever talked to m about the design, intent, feel, or personality of this house. Now it doesn't surprise me why it has always been so baffling to me. I've spent the last couple of hours looking it over again, giving it a long hard think. Part of me is tempted to divide the first floor into two floors since Annie is half the size of the room height. It would make for a cramped room space, but I don't really see that as a bad thing. She is so small with stubby arms (she is a 3 inch tall DAM troll from 1985) that any furniture or decorations would have to be custom made. The 1/12 scale furniture would never fit properly. I took more pictures this morning that I hope to get posted sometime later today if I get the chance.
  9. Assembly Required

At the time I had considered something similar but was not looking forward to all the tedious work that could fail at a few points when my expectation was very high. The vinyl was the best of all the solutions I could research.  Total bonus was that it was fast and easy.
  10. Sparkling Siding

No worries. 
  11. A Shingling We Will Go

I think he was so excited to get started that he went at it before realizing the directions stated doing it differently. I know that is most likely to make shingling faster, straight forward, and less tedious, but I really wanted variation in the grain in the shingles sitting next together as well as the color. I just think Po would really prefer a hand laid roof that wasn't perfectly straight like a picket fence. Once it comes time to do it I'm expecting I'll want to swear at myself for that choice. 
  12. Storybook Desk in Progress

Thank you.
  13. Room with a view

I'm glad you liked it. A lot of this is also my process of trying to work through what Po wants from his house and realistically seeing how those ideas will fit in the space. Kinda daunted by making his garden though. But his house needs a lot more done before I even get to that point.
  14. Dreaming View

Thank you. 
  15. A Door His Size

He is an 11cm Obitsu Petite Fairy 'A head' with green eyes from Parabox. He still needs hair and I'm still working on drafting his clothes when I can.