Community Reputation

22 Excellent

About Sister Kyoya

• Rank
  • Birthday 10/08/78

Profile Information

• Gender Not Telling
  • Location Washington State
  • Interests Sewing, crafts of all sorts, making things with polymer clay, building various 1/3 and 1/4 scale (human, not dollhouse) props for dolls I've collected the last 6 years. I just like working with my hands and creating things.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience None
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jonathan
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

440 profile views
  1. First Night- 5

I've actually been reposting these from my Instagram. Personally I just find it easier to put them in the albums because I see them as my 'building photo book' and these little stories are me just being silly while making it easier to have plenty of pics of the build. This house especially, before I bought it I could find dismally few pics. It was a fight to see what the inside even looked like (The Adams has this same problem.) It's a cute house with nice details but definitely benefits from some simple modifications. Me playing around with these little stories gives me a chance to think through what I want to do and explore the possibilities. Also things like the tea box give some perspective, an aspect that can be hard to judge sometimes from pure measurements since I am a very highly visual person. I'm hoping that maybe somewhere down the line someone might find these useful. I know I prefer to look at the gallery to figure things out because I'm also dyslexic and I can gather info from pictures very rapidly compared to reading blocks of text.
  2. No tickling

We have a pretty active bunch around here.  They are good at keeping me company and helping me get things done.
  3. First Night- 5

From the album Gingerspice Lodge [ The Madison ]

Huck: "The back of the house. The whole thing is missing." Me: *facepalm*
  4. First Night- 4

Huck: *brushes his hands off* "There." Me: "Huck, what did you do?" Huck: "Well I didn't figure she would want someone aimlessly wandering into her house so I put up her door." Me: "But how are you going to get out?"
  5. First Night- 6

Angel: *snoring softly* Me: "Goodnight Angel." Angel: *SNORE* Me: "Woah. I think it is a good thing that this is a one person house. I don't know if anyone else could sleep through that..." Angel: *Snore* *snore* *SnOrE* *snooore* *snort* *snoRE* Me: "Wow. Maybe we should think of soundproofing the house."
  6. First Night- 3

Angel: "All tucked in. Thanks for your help Huck. See you in the morning!" Huck: "Goodnight."
  7. First Night- 2

Angel: "Stockings in a stocking for a mattress and another for a pillow will work just fine." Huck: "This one would be a soft blanket" *rubs it on his cheek*  (By the way, these were clean, unused socks from my fabric stash, not ones that people have worn.)
  8. First Night- 1

Huck: "Is this the box you wanted?" Angel: "Yes, thank you. You can put it in the corner if you would be so generous." (This is my favorite holiday tea that I forgot to have Hubby look for this year. )
  9. Reasonable Rates

Angel: "Sugar and spice and everything nice! I will try to do my best to love it and take care of it. I can bake everyday filling it with happiness and good will. I will try my very, very best." Me: "Well about your rent..." Angel: "Oh sugarplums! I need a bed! I can't possibly sleep on my new floor. I might get a sliver." Me: *still talking but not being listened to* "It would be a mortgage really and quite reasonable at ten cents a month..." Angel: *talking to herself* "I'm sure I saw an empty tea box somewhere. I doubt anyone would mind if I used a small stocking to snuggle under."
  10. Home for the Holidays

Angel: "Helooo! I'm home! Finally my first night under my own roof!" Me: "You didn't care a few days ago." Angel: "Well that Tsuki fellow said I need to have a home or I couldn't have delivery pizza." Me: "Do you even eat pizza?" Angel: "No, but Hana said that there could be holiday things I can order and have shipped to my house. Like crates full of tinsel. Enough candy canes to line the house. Or pounds and POUNDS of glitter!" Me: "I'm not going to be paying for that." Angel: "'Tis the season of generosity..." Me: :| Update: House is glued and tape removed. Just the surface glue is drying. And the spray bottle is being used as a weight. I'm just relieved that the side walls are flat.
  11. Regulation Code

Angel: "Are these walls to regulation?" Me: "Would you know if I didn't tell you?" Angel: "No... but it seems to be the right thing to ask." Me: "Then sure." Angel: *squints at me* "Well you did do some assembly so I will trust you are knowledgeable on such matters." Me: "Well, you get what you pay for." ;D
  12. Gaping Problem

And I have some big gaps to fill. This is the center wall that was 3-4mm shorter than the exterior wall. I even tried to hold it together but I needed to put the side walls on. Oh well, I can just fix it this way. It is helping me relax too so that's good. I forgot to take a pic of it finished, but it worked nicely and easily.
  13. Pinpoint Gluing- 3

...and just wipe away the excess with you fingertip.
  14. Pinpoint Gluing- 2

This is a 30ml Syringe with 16Gx1.0'' Blunt Tip Needle (Luer Lock) in case anyone is interested. I found that standard wood glue flows through this nicely although the syringe is really massive capacity wise. I originally had these to 'bottle feed' our foundling kitten but she has long outgrown needing them. Basically squirt the glue down in an even line...
  15. Pinpoint Gluing- 1

Good to know the syringe idea works. Carefully squirt a line then smooth it out/remove excess/ shove it in the gap just by wiping it with my fingertip. Same way it works when caulking a tub. Glued walls & floor but I would like to reinforce them with more glue.