• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Keith
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3189 profile views
  1. Tree and foliage

I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty excited to see this transform.  Aaand in addition to knowing what a fabulous miniaturist you are....we also know what kind of food your cat eats
  2. plexi11.jpg

The sheer size of this house is amazing, it intrigues me.  Did you redo the stairs?  This has been fun to watch progress. 
  3. Front entrance

Thank you Linda
  4. First Time Builder in NYC

Welcome Michael.  Looks like you’re off to a great start.  
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

So yesterday I did a 5K run with my wife.  She has been wanting to do this particular  event for the past 4yrs or so and she finally did it.  I participated to support her.  She prepared and I did not.  I did finish though....with a time of 40:51  
  6. Welcome back and enjoy that massive house, lots of neat details. 
  7. New member introduction from Georgia.

Welcome Anthony.  I find 1:24 scale to be quite daunting myself but I have not ruled it out yet.  There are quite a few talented people on here who work in that scale.  It’s their impressive work that keeps pushing me towards it.    I look forward to seeing what you do with your house. 
  8. Voodoo Priestess Doll

He looks like he summoned something he should not have.  Well done. 
  9. Wooden sculpture

Thank you everyone!   Well looks like the consensus is to leave it as is.  I think I’ll put some oil on it to bring out the details and protect it.     I always remember to take progress pics after the fact   I started with the piece of wood you see, its about an inch and a quarter wide and 1/4 in. thick. (Actually from an old kitchen chair, I like to repurpose).  I drew the design right on the wood in pencil, took quite a bit of erasing and redrawing to get it right.  I figured in a design this small, proportion is key.      Once I was happy with the image I cut away the excess wood on my scroll saw.  From there it was just a lot of filing and sanding, I find both to be calming and therapeutic.  To get the inside spaces I drilled holes and filed away.  I have a 6pc set of small files I got from HD.  I did use my Dremel for some of it but I found I made more mistakes with it as I’m not real good at controlling it.  
  10. Wooden sculpture

From the album Other hobbies

Got in the mood to make a little wooden sculpture, not my design but I did need to tweak it a bit to shrink it down. Still have some final sanding to do and I want to stain it.  Light or dark stain....thoughts?
  11. 20191028-040845-1.jpg

Coming along nicely.  Looks like the model that I borrowed from, which I got from..minis by Kris. 
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Well I hope you have as much fun as you possibly can  
  13. Lantern door

The perfect door for this build.  I like the idea of the stained glass above.  Have you thought of a design?  I was thinking a sun burst would be neat, like a sunrise. 
  14. 20191018-140644.jpg

You have been a busy beaver. Everything looks fabulous...love those stairs!
  15. 20191018_140741.jpg

I have to ask, what is the significance of the pool shark?  Also did you paint it?  It looks great!