HalfScaleDollhouseLOVER

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by HalfScaleDollhouseLOVER

1. Actually I bought it from a different seller, but I love the cute design and I wanted to build a quarter scale dollhouse, I just didn't think that it would be so soon. It's simply ADORABLE! Plus all the wee, cute little furniture is going to be too charmingly cute. I can't wait! (And it has been suggested that I decorate as I build so --- no waiting.)
  2. It's the Jasmine Gothic Victorian and it's so adorable! Thank you for the help with the furniture. I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do. I have heard that a person can landscape very well in this scale however and I'm looking forward to this part too. Decorating while building will mean that I will need to buy wallpaper, furniture, and accessories before starting, but that sounds so exciting! Especially since I think I will want a half scale dollhouse in this style of kit too and it will be fun to decorate them differently.
  3. Just discovered that it is the wrong scale! (It's a 1:48 Scale Dollhouse kit instead!) But I still wasn't to keep it and build it. I have a TON of questions though! (Asked a few in a different topic.)
  4. Hello Everyone! It seems what I originally thought was "mistakes" actually isn't and my new laser cut dollhouse kit is in quarter scale! Although I didn't intend to build a 1:48 Scale Dollhouse yet, it seems that know have a kit in this scale and I want to keep it because it is just too cute for words, but... I have about ZERO experience with this scale! Does anyone have advice? Thank you!
  5. Hello everyone! I got the bullet and bought a laser cut dollhouse that was an incredible deal, but have since discovered that the company that made it seems to have messed up a few things. First the staircase on the ground floor isn't in the right place. Instead of being in the little hallway, it was cut to come up near the front doorway! I'm thinking of maybe putting in a spiral staircase, instead and just leaving it where it is. Second is that a couple walls seem to be lacking windows completely! This I am not certain that I want them to replace them or not. But, because of these things I have been wondering if the kit has been cut incorrectly, and that is the reason it seems to be "missing" some interior wall tabs. A friend of mine however believes that the kit isn't supposed to have notches for the ground floors walls, and therefore isn't missing anything. My question for the Members is: since this is my first house should I try such modifications like keeping the changed position for the staircase, and change the type of stairs as well. Thank you!
  6. Hello Everyone! I've been so happy to join this welcoming group, and I have yet another question for the Members: I'm working on my Laser Cut Micro Victorian Dollhouse, but might start a half scale Dollhouse (either my Fairfield or RGT Bungalow), and I'm sort of wondering will my First Dollhouse be whichever one I complete first? Like I said I am a little curious because I am loving the way this Laser Cut is coming together, but I will be stopping to put lights in my 1:144 Scale Dollhouse, and since this is not very common, I might end up finishing a larger house more quickly.
  7. And the 1:24 Scale? Do I simply use the same thing that a 1:12 Scale Dollhouse uses, but switch the lights to half scale? Thank you all!
  8. You are a LIFESAVER! The link you provided even has videos on how to install the lighting in a Micro Dollhouse. As well as how to create a 1:144 Scale Chandelier!
  9. It never really occurred to me, but I just realized after I read the Finishing Sequence that I'm going to need to install the Lights after I get the Shell built on my micro dollhouse and my half scale dollhouse. The half scale at least seams to have the correct scale lights, but how do I power them? Is it with Full scale tapewire? And what about my 1:144 Scale Dollhouse: how do I put lights in it? I'm going to need to know fairly quickly if I'm going to put lights in both of my micro dollhouses because the sides and front is up in one. and the other is coming along quite quickly. I LOVE LASER CUT! It has been so Easy to build. So: Help!
  10. Seeing these stories about all the stores closing and the fact that people don't seem to want to get into the Dollhouse Hobby disturbs me! I can recall back in 2005 when the Housing market in the US started to crash and burn and a lot of my regular Dollhouse Shops online started to close. I had one that I regularly purchased from suddenly announce that they were going out of business and I was completely heartbroken. Is dollhouse building going to go the way of the dinosaur? It saddens me so much that the younger generation doesn't seem to want anything to do with their parents ore grandparents businesses nor crafting. One day we will look up and our hobby will be a thing of the past and all the artisans will be gone.
  11. Before I completely forget my manners let me just say: Thank you to everyone who welcomed me! This Community is so gosh darn friendly! It makes me happy to below to a Group of such wonderful helpful people. ... My little Bespaq Living Room furniture arrived today and I cannot get over how utterly tiny and perfect they are! The couch in my Avatar is one piece and I have a matching Sofa in Red and two Red Chairs as well. Seeing my little furniture is making me want to break out my Fairfield and just start on it. Is that odd? Just thinking about how my Couch and Chairs could look is driving me to want to open up that darn box and get started on it. HAs anybody else had this "problem"?
  12. Thank you. I'm so excited to begin on a 1:24 Scale Dollhouse, because my Bespaq Living Room Furniture just arrived and it is so wee, and adorable. I didn't realize it would be so darn cute! Isn't it funny how something so little can inspire a person to want to dive right in to building. All I have at the moment however is my Fairfield, and after seeing my furniture I'm so tempted to just begin building, if only so I may see how small the rooms are and where I should put what. It's rather fascinating to see how utterly tiny half scale furniture actually is... I want to start on my little house so badly now! Nobody ever said how addicting this hobby was!?
  13. Actually I guess I have two kits: The Southern Belle and the Victorian Mansion! The Southern Belle is the one that I have been working on since 2005. Next month I am thinking that I should just go ahead and purchase the RGT Bungalow Kit and start on it. There is a part of me that would LOVE to build and make my own Modern furnishings for this house. It's been said many times that we don't see many Dollhouses filled with Modern decorations, and I think a Bungalow looks like a Craftsman and they are Timeless so it could work!
  14. Hello, One thing I forgot completely about in my Introduction is that I have been working on a Micro Dollhouse (1:144" Scale) since 2005. It has been painted, but I still need to cut the wallpaper straighter, and began to assemble it. I've been thinking about building it first, and then moving on to Purchasing another 1:24 Scale Dollhouse as My first "big" Dollhouse. (The RGT Bungalow seems to be calling to me!) My only dilemma is that I have owned my Micro Dollhouse for years and have yet to complete it's build. I think I'm stuck as far as motivation or inspiration goes!I 1:144 isn't a very common size for people to build, and I'm more drawn to the half scale than any other at the moment. Eventually, I know that I want to finish this Micro Dollhouse, and place it in my 1:12 Scale Toy Shoppe, along with all of the "toys" I have collected over the years. I also have been fascinated by the New 1:48 Scale Furniture that has been available lately, and wanted to turn it into furniture for dolls in the store as well. Here is what I have been seeing most people suggest: Go with the build that you are drawn to, and I know for myself at least the RGT Bungalow is the one calling to me now. Has anyone built that house? What do you think of it?
  15. What a lovely Dollhouse! I'm New to Dollhouse building and this was one that has been recommended to me for my first build. Seeing yours here is making me seriously consider it!
  16. I've been going back and forth between a Laser Cut Dollhouse and perhaps the RGT's Bungalow. Although I have yet to purchase it yet. It any Dollhouse except for my 1/144 Scale, which I have started, but not finished, and my Fairfield still in its box.
  17. Love looking at your Fairfield build! I bought this Kit recently, but have been debating whether or not I want it to be my first Dollhouse. I've been considering a Laser Cut no as my first, instead. Did you find the Fairfield to be especially difficult to build, may I ask?
  18. Welcome! I'm New too. :-D I'm interested in your Fairfield, because I just bought the kit on Amazon, but have been waffling on weather or not I want it to be my first Dollhouse. It's such a popular kit, but most people say that Laser Cut Dollhouses are easier to put together. May I ask: Did you find yours to be challenging?
  19. Hi Kathie ---:-) I guess I should know better than Post late at night, and being so vague. *Laughs* My 1:12 Collection consists of "toys", flowers and cakes. As far as furniture all I own is two beds, a single dresser, and a Toy Box. All the rest of my full scale miniatures are accessories, and because of this I'm wanting to make shops instead of houses, and perhaps Wall Dollhouses in the future, if I began collecting some more furniture in this scale. In 1:24, I already have a bed and a dresser, but I just placed an order for some Living Room furniture that consists of some very high quality Bespaq pieces. They are the Red Country Amise in Mahogany and the Green Couch in New Walnut. The bed I want to redress completely, but I also wish to Purchase some additional higher quality bedroom furniture as well. It's the size of the full scale miniatures that makes me want to delve further into the half scale. ;-) I wish to change the too window into a deck and place French Doors as access so I may add balcony furniture to the scene. Plus I wish to eliminate the Fireplaces but leave the chimney so I may simply use a separate fireplace and increase the room sizes on the Bottom and First Floors. In the attic I want to partition it off and create separate rooms to make a smaller bedroom. (There is a user here that has done this and it is absolutely STUNNING!) Plus I want to copy that version of the Fairfield and create a slanted wall for a Game Room with one of those gorgeous Bespaq Pool Tables. And I cannot tell from other people's photographs of the house but I also want to attach the tower to the main house and create a little alcove room there, plus add an additional room on the other side of the space. There are SO many builders of the Fairfield, and I wanted to take what I LOVE about each of them and create my own version. The part I am stuck on is the fact that after I bought my kit (and opened it up to peak) I got a little but overwhelmed and wondered if I should simply start with a different half scale Dollhouse to begin my building foray into creating these little worlds. Oh! One other thing that I did neglect to mention is that I bought a 1:144 Scale Dollhouse years and years ago, but I have been building it extremely slowly. When it is Completed I do want to add it to the Toy Store I wish to create. It is a complicated scale, but I do completely adore it!
  20. Hello! I'm Drea; a New Member from Oregon. I've never built a Dollhouse before, but I have Collected 1:12 Scale Miniatures since 1992! When I was a child, I did own a Lundby Dollhouse (1:18 Scale) with the Basement that has the Barn attached. But I never did have any of the lights; only the dining table with the chairs, and Mahogany Hutch with the attached white and blue China. The table was beautiful, and the chairs were covered with something fuzzy. Now I have bought the 1:24 Scale Fairfield, but I am uncertain if it is the first Dollhouse I want to build, because I have always wanted to modify the design and I'm not confident yet. I've been thinking about Collecting half scale materials, and also some half scale Dollhouse kits. Real Good Toys has two that I am interested in: Classic Bungalow and the Colonial. Besides these there are the Abriana Country Cottage, the Little Anne Victorian Cottage with an outhouse for the bathroom Jasmine Gothic, the Ashley, the Stephanie Country Mansion, and/ or the Leon Goth Victorian. The last ones are all by the Laser Dollhouse Design Inc. and are all laser cut dollhouses. The reason that I have been wanting to wait on the Fairfield is the complexity of it, and the fact that I want to change the design completely. One thing that I am wanting to know is about food resources for 1:24 Scale Miniatures. Do you have any? Thank you!