• Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Please Select
  • Real Name Judy

Recent Profile Visitors

148 profile views
  1. Building the Beacon Hill 2018

Thank you all so much!!
  2. Building the Beacon Hill 2018

Thank you!  I'm also trying to figure out how the trim g ies on the Mansard roof.  Do you put it over the shingles I hope?  I haven't had any problems with this house but I'm not sure about all the trim.l.there is so much!  But I love building!
  3. I'm building my second dollhouse, the Beacon Hill  and I suppose to put the porch on next but the say siding the porch first is best...can I go ahead and side it underneath the windows, trim etc???...I was hoping there are others building it too!!  Thank you
  4. Warm up sheet Beacon Hill

Thank you so much!!  I will do that and I've been reading the instructions a lot!
  5. Warm up sheet Beacon Hill

DONT worry, I won't use hit gkue...but what kind of glue do I use to apply the shingles and do I paint the shingles before I put the in of after?  Thank you so much!
  6. Warm up sheet Beacon Hill

I found the warm up sheet and downloaded it, but now I'm wondering if there is more than one page and I can't remember how I found it!  Sorry, I'm having a senior, senior, senior moment!!!  If anyone could tell me, I would appreciate it!!!
  7. Table for a dollhouse, what do you use?

Im getting ready to build the Beacon Hill!  Im going to thrift store but what i need is one for my Duracraft Farmhouse #505.  I still have it on my 6 ft work table and I need it for the Beacon.  So wish me luck..I think I'm gonna get my niece to take me to HD and get a board and put it across these two utility drawers I have..hope it works.  It's not easy for me to do much shopping.
  8. What's everyone working on?

Hi!  I live in Oviedo a little Northeast of Orlando.  I've only been living here for a little over 2 years.  I'm from San Antonio, Texas.  I have family here too so I spend part of the year there and part here.   Sounds like you have had an interesting life!!    
  9. What's everyone working on?

Hi Stickyfingers!  I know how hit it's been!!  It's terrible in Florida!!  I build almost everything inside.  I wish it were Fall now!!  I have to go shopping and then I can start!!  I'm going to see if I can see some of your pics!!
  10. My last name is misspelled..its Bichsel..i guess it doesnt matter but oh well..thank you!

11. Hi Brad!  I've been watching your You Tube videos on the Beacon Hill and I'm so glad to have found them!!  I am getting ready to build my second house..the Beacon Hill of course!  This house was gifted to me and I want to do a good job!!   However, Im afraid I will need to ask for help.  For now, I'm just reading directions and familiarizing myself with everything.  I am worried about the siding..I've never used hot glue and I am not very fast as I am disabled and have trouble with my hands..is there any other glue I could use for the siding?  I'm going to get supplies and I need to get glue.  Also, can I use wax paper instead of spaghetti to lay the glued parts on?  And should I have cardboard to work and cut on?  I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this, but I'm giving it the old college try and I would appreciate any advice you can give me.  I built the Duracraft farmhouse #505 and I'm very proud of my first build!!  I'm nervous over this house!!  Oh yes, isn't the Greenleaf better quality wood than the Duracraft??  Thank you so look much!!

1. BradsMiniWorld

HI Judy.  Sorry to have waited so long to reply - I have not checked this site in quite some time.  I hope you have been able to get started on the Beacon Hill.  Feel free to ask questions - I am happy to help.  

I used glue stick for the siding, but I would not recommend this.  Some of the shingles came loose.  The instructions actually recommend hot glue.  I did not try this since I did not have a hot glue gun handy, but this would probably have been better.  

You can see the supplies that I used for the construction in the following video.

Also, here is the video about the siding.

12. What's everyone working on?

Yes, I will...I just have to learn how and I will do!!  Thank you!!  I saw yours and it's wonderful!!!
  13. What's everyone working on?

Thank you so much!!  I'm glad you got to see the video!!  It is going to be something and yes it is a beautiful house!  I would love to see some of your pics please!  I'm sure I will have to put it on the floor to be able to reach it...but that will be fine...hope to talk to you again!!!
  14. What's everyone working on?

Thank you so much!!  I just want to do a good job...so I won't panic..especially now that I have been fortunate enough to find this forum!!  
  15. What's everyone working on?

I would love a turntable but I don't think I have room, but if I had a table with wheels on it then I could turn it when I wanted to...I'm trying to save for it...I don't have anyone to help me so I save till I can pay someone...that may take a while but I think I'm going to get a board and put it across two storage drawer chests I have...then I can use my work table that it is currently on.  I'm so glad to have found this forum!!  Thank you so much!!!