Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Derek

Recent Profile Visitors

957 profile views
  1. So much great information!! Thank you everyone. I will post pictures once I start. It will be after the holidays before I tackle this, I wanted to make sure I have everything I need before I start!
  2. So this is my first doll house, and I have read a good bit online but have been getting conflicting answers, so here I am for the experts advice! I bought this set from a friend, and all the pieces seem to be in it and instructions as well. On to my many questions! Is it best to paint the set as I’m putting it together, and wallpaper the rooms as they go together? Does that make it easier? Also I am weighting the options of doing electric in it, I am an electrician so I kinda what to do that! Any advice on the best system to install? I am thinking about doing brick on some of it, how does that work, adhering it to the wood and does it require a type of mortar? Is there a good place to buy wood flooring, and the bricks? And the “glass” is aged, can I get new for it? And lastly for now, what are the must have tools that make it easier to build? Thanks in advance for answering my mountain of questions. I’m looking forward to getting started!
  3. Thanks everyone!! I’m looking forward to reading the best ways to built it. Where is the best place here to ask questions I have before I start?
  4. Hello all! I am starting my first build, it is the VM 800! Building a dollhouse is completely new to me. I have been in the construction industry pretty much my whole life, but have never tried anything like this. I hope to get some good information and tips on the best way to construct this dollhouse. It may or may not end up being for my daughter hahahahha