• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Ashley
  • Country
    Sweden

Recent Profile Visitors

315 profile views
  1. Awesome! That must be the same! The windows are different as you say, but I'm pretty sure it has been a kit so that could explain it. Everything else is spot on though And the funny thing is, I found mine through Gumtree UK - and that's actually the colour I'm painting mine in! The porch is really cute. I'm not sure how to restore it, but I feel I have to try! It does look a bit similar to the Marseille listed there. The room boxes are gorgeous too, although now I'm getting a bit sidetracked I contacted both Streets Ahead and DHE and although Streets Ahead hasn't responded, DHE did. They couldn't find it amongst their discontinued lines but recommended contacting Streets Ahead. I hope they respond, although the site does say for only resellers to contact so we'll see.
  2. Oh, now I'm even more keen to find out what it looked like! I'd like to try to restore the porch, or at least rebuild some type of porch
  3. Sorry about the double posting, adding a photo I think you're right Holly! I hadn't looked closely before but there are four holes that look like they would have had pillars/columns attached for a porch or similar.
  4. Yes, I was thinking so too - the door is slightly off the ground, but not high enough for a staircase. It also has a small ledge all along the front (which is damaged on the left side and gone in the middle, but can be seen on the right), so that seems to add up. Or alternatively, as Jeannine says, it could be that it had an attached basement. Edit: Or, now that I look at it again, the ledge may not have continued on the middle panel; it could be that something else was attached there. That's a great idea, thank you! I've emailed Streets Ahead now, and also Dollshouse Emporium while I was at it, to see if they may have stocked it in the past. Hope either of them might be able to shed some more light on it
  5. And here are the additional photos Sorry about the mess, there's another mini project going on on the table in front of it lol
  6. Thanks for the replies! I've taken a few more photos showing it a bit better, though I'm still no closer to finding out! It doesn't really matter I suppose, though it would be fun to know, especially if I end up needing spare parts. I'm a bit wary of trying to remove windows in case I damage them, but they are pretty wonky I'd also prefer to have them off when painting it, and it does definitely need a lick of paint. Ashley, yes it seems to be part of the original structure - or at least something was meant to be there, as it has a gap above the "doors" of the facade and the edge of the roof.
  7. Hi all! Would anyone be able to help me ID my dolls house? I have looked around everywhere I can think of but can't seem to find a match. It's about 80x40x70 (centimetres) in size. The front is hinged in three places and it seems to have been a kit (some of the windows are a bit wonky etc.) I only have one photo at the moment but can take more when I get home. Any help appreciated
  8. Thank you everyone! woodwormz, I still love Lundby too, especially the older models! I'm not sure what brand my house is, but it's definitely not Lundby. I'm going to post in the "other brands" forum and see if anyone can ID it - it would be fun to know!
  9. Hi Holly and thank you for the welcome! I did, crocheting is another hobby of mine I have a blog where i ppst my crochet and more recently a dolls house room I've made. I hope it's okay to post that, it's where I'll likely post all progress on my dolls house renovation progress too: http://crochet.glowfall.com My dolls house isn't actually Greenleaf but I'm not sure what it is. I've looked around but can't figure out where it's from! Hi Beulah and thank you! Both Scotland and Ireland are lovely, though I'm partial to Scotland. I'm originally from Sweden but have lived in NI for almost 10 years now
  10. Hi all, First time dolls house renovator here, and I'm so excited to get started! I've been wanting to do this for a long time and I have finally bought a dolls house to restore and renovate - today, in fact. My sister and I owned a Lundby dolls house when we were kids (well, she had the house and I had the basement!) and my fascination with dolls houses have continued as an adult. I planned to renovate an old Lundby Småland house as a teenager but I never really got around to it. The house was also quite water damaged so although I wanted to save it, I'm not sure how successful that would have been. Happy to be here and meet you all