About TaliasEclectics

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Talia

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi, all! I've been searching the internet and swiping through these forums to find help for diy tips for landscaping in Quarter Scale. This is my first encounter with 1:48 (I'm a 1:12er normally!), as my miniature group has decided to do tea cup scenes this month. I already have a recipient in mind, along with a theme, electrical, and some items made and bought for my tea cup but want to landscape my "overgrown secret garden-esque" tea cup without having to make any more purchases! Any one have help and ideas for transforming yard, woods, and household items?!?!
  2. As a beginner miniature-ist I'd like to get some old magazines off eBay. Which one would be the most helpful between Nutshell News and Dollhouse Miniatures? Or others? Thank you!
  3. Has anyone bought from Mary Kinloch's line on ebay and followed her YouTube videos for construction for flowers and plants? Wondering about the difficulty (I'm not a fine art painter), and the cost per unit, in regards to having to buy other materials, etc. Her things are not in a neat little kit. Do I get more for my money that way? And, if you've used them, how do you feel about them compared to the other kits out there?
  4. TaliasEclectics

P7189488

I love this cottage! My first (in the process) dollhouse is making a spinning/weaving studio for my mother. This was amazing to look at! Thank you for sharing!
  5. TaliasEclectics

Tiffany Studio: Mt Pisgah Handwovens

A spinning weaving studio for my mother. Also my first dollhouse. Some bashing required. :)
  6. So exciting you could still get it! Looking forward to building alongside you. My husband is from WI. :)
  7. I've been reading the forums for posting pictures, but I haven't quite got it yet. I think it's because I have no PC, and I'm only working from a Samsung tablet, and I'm not a technical wizard. Wanted to show the loom I bought for my mom's studio and the progress and bashing on the Tiffani.
  8. Thank you, Holly. My diorama plans of recreating a simple little scene from the Bernstein Bears Spooky Old Tree never materialized and probably won't now that I'm on to bigger things! :) Maybe next year. Ha!
  9. I've always been completely mesmerized by miniature dollhouses, and told my husband when the children are grown and out on their own I wanted him to build me a dollhouse that I could decorate while he worked on a classic car, his hobby. I was re-enchanted when I won a box at an estate auction for something else a few years ago and found some small brass miniatures in it! Unfortunately this fall, while designing a fall diorama in my head for my children (5 boys under 11 with another baby on the way!), I began looking for some tiny bears in the Internet. The rest is history. I bought an old Whitney Tiffani kit on ebay for $17, read a bunch on Greenleaf, dry fitted it, it spoke to me about what it wanted to be and where it wanted to be bashed, and here I am.....designing a spinning/weaving studio partially recreating my mother's, for her! I am having so much fun! I lose sleep nearly every night thinking about it! ;)
  10. I find that end tables in my rl do not work for a night stand as they are too short. I also find that the inclusion of a drawer is more specific to a night stand. Also, goldenrod farm, you say "draw" like my mother. I love it!
  11. Oh my goodness! Yes! I loved that book! I had forgotten all about it. A good reminder because now, as an adult with a family, every Christmas I ask for a copy of a favorite childhood book to have my own collection. I'm totally NOT waiting until next Christmas to find that book! And consequently, I married a Norwegian and so those little gnomes figure in closely to his heritage. :D
  12. Is it just the way it is (seems to me), that mothers with boys are enjoying miniature dollhouse making?! Is it so we can get a bit of beauty in small homes that may not happen in our rl?! (We have 5 boys, and I fell off the cliff into miniatures in October.) My last purchase (and most costly...is that why it's been the last so far?!) was an artisan-crafted cherry floor loom from WeaverLili in California. It's for The Studio for my mother I'm lightly bashing from an eBay Whitney Tiffani kit. My very first dollhouse!