karenf

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About karenf

Profile Information

• Interests
    Cake decorating, baking, miniatures, reading, family.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

753 profile views
  1. Thanks everyone for the great advice...about the doll house repairs and to protect my ID.
  2. I made a major mistake when I started my Garfield about 3 years ago....the instructions said to use hot glue, so I did. Shortly after I began I decided to do some online research and found out it was a bad idea. I worked up to the top floor and noticed there are gaps between wall and floor sections and the roof tabs won't fit in some of their slots. I think it is because the base isn't straight or the glue was applied too liberally and walls are not square in some places. I imagine the only way to correct this is to take it all apart and start over. Where would you start; should I separate certain sections in a particular order, removing the glue residue with a hair dryer and rebuilding with carpenter's glue? Luckily, I have been dissatisfied with the finishes I put in each room (paint, wallpaper, flooring), so I will be glad to get the opportunity to re-decorate. Any tips and advice on how to begin this demolition will be greatly appreciated! Karen
  3. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Wendy, I live in Waterville, only an hour's drive from Fredericton. Waterville is central/western NB, halfway between Woodstock and Hartland. It is nice to not feel quite so anonymous when there is someone who knows my province like you do! And Barb--I am only a 25 minute drive to the Houlton, Maine border. Small world, isn't it?
  4. Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and relatively new to miniatures...although I have been fascinated by them all my life. I usually bake and decorate custom cakes (photo gallery on Facebook at Karenmakescakes.) I was given a Garfield kit a few years back and made so many mistakes that I gave up and it sits incomplete in my "office". I desperately want to see it finished this year so I'm turning to the experts here to fix my mistakes and gain the momentum I've been lacking to get this project done. Looking forward to the adventure!