• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    amiee
  • Country
    New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

437 profile views
  1. Hey again everyone. Finally had the time to order my basswood and looking forward to it getting here. I don't know why I never noticed that Acorn Models have siding! Its 1/16 with a 1/4 overlap. https://www.acornmodels.co.nz/products/general-modelling-materials/strip-woods-excl-balsa/5648/
  2. Thank you averyone and thank you HelenV for that info. I'll have to check and see if theres any place like that around us.
  3. Thank you Shaz that is fantastic to know! A lot of amazing stuff is in the US and it was a bummer that they couldn't post. Thanks for the tip I plan on converting a lot of the 1/12 furniture patterns. Is there a good method for that?
  4. Thanks everyone for the help and information and thanks shannonc60 for all of the links, I've been trying to track good sites down for a while now. I've seen fairy meadows site before too and they have a huge range of stuff, I'm actually looking at getting my wallpaper there. Such a good site. I'll be picking up a good selection of basswood shortly and seeing how I go :)
  5. Thank you for your reply fov. That was extremely helpful. Those tutorials are fantastic, Ive actually been looking for a lounge like that! Coffee stirrers would probably be the better option. As far as siding goes, it's quite difficult trying to track stuff down here in NZ. I've been trying to find a thin enough wood to make it out of. I might have to go with card instead. Is there any wood options on the website I linked to that could possibly work? Sorry for all of the questions. It's always the same when you first start something it all seems quite confusing until you get a hang of it.
  6. Thank you. It's great to have found a place that's so inspirational! Your work looks fantastic! So maybe I should pick up some 1mm - 5mm basswood and then 1/16 for the siding if I was going for wood. Im going to make some wooden floors from popsicle sticks as well, I've seen some amazing examples.
  7. Hi everyone. My name is Amiee and I'm new to dollhouses. I have been wanting to get started for years but somehow it never happened. I really love the 1:24 scale and I have a few questions about wood. I'm looking to make my own siding for the outside and came across the strips on the website I will link to. Would any of these two be suitable? I'm not sure about keeping it in scale and how thick would be too thick etc. They seem really thin so I was thinking about going with the 1mm? I also have a furniture question. Im building my own and have seen people use from 1mm to 5mm depending on the piece. I don't want it looking bulky and out of place so would that be a good range to stick to? They have quite a lot of options on the website so I was wondering what the best selection would be to start with. Thank you and I'm excited to be a part of this forum! https://www.modelcraftsandhobbies.co.nz/products.cfm/category/balsa-wood