6 Neutral

About Withwings

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Paula nerhus

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Withwings

IMG_1186.JPG

WOWSER that is super cool
  2. 80 is the new 50! also owning a pet ads years to your life too
  3. I found one of his books on thrift books and it was only 3.79 also found 3 other books on other writers on making doll furniture so I got those as well 16.79 and free shipping all four books WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  4. WOW lots of great information! I have not figured out to reply to each of you individually! But really great ideas and yes I will look for that book! Its true most items are just topped with fancy decoration and noting functioning. I have never made much from wood but I am sure I can. I do sculpt so the fancy details could be interesting and fun....I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me. I have spent so many wasted hours searching and finding but most post lack details and lots of people selling do not know anything about dollhouse furniture and scale and just happened to be selling something they came across....Ok peeps I am off to find that book CHEERS
  5. Ya it’s a difficult journey lol and like I said some of this stuff made in China Is it really accurate as far as 112 scale goes it seems like they mark everything that scale and sometimes it really isn’t. With in one company Pieces side by side don’t even jive
  6. I have step by step of what I have done and will post a whole album as soon as the Competition is over
  7. this is the feel that I am trying to accomplish DRAMA. So these rooms are 10,12,15' tall and some furniture pieces almost touch the ceiling. This is the problem. I was hoping to find big furniture that I could make look right. The biggest issue is the depth. The fancy isn't necessary but the drama in size was my goal.
  8. these photos everyone has added sure helps out a lot! the wardrobe and the huge china cabinet really look stupid. hahahah I guess I am gonna get busy making some furniture. no fair that I can't find pretty pieces for my house
  9. I am not sure I am 1:24 I am somewhere in-between 1:12 and 1:24 so fare I am making my own furniture I can't post photos because its for a competition. My cielings are extra high. In real life the average ceiling is 8' doors 7' people are 5-6' tall.My people are 3" doors are 5" and my ceilings are extra high. Throughout the 19thand early part of the 20th centuries, ceilings in middle-class homes, offices, and institutional buildings were 10-12 feet or more.That would make ceilings 4 to 6 feet taller the the humans that livid in them. Therefor my ceilings are extra high to reflect this. I like that idea of builtins. Because furniture was very big and dramatic. At auctions large pieces from those homes will not fit in the average home today. So I was wondering if I could get away with the 1:12 size wardrobe. But when I look at these 1:12 pieces the depth is what seems to be off to try to get by with it. The hight isn't bad its the depth. Thank you all for your remarks and links I will go check them all out.I really appercieght your input !!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
  10. Yes I know my scale is not 1:12 for sure. I can only find this piece in the 1:12. I am saying most companies scale is not always what they say it is so I must go by measurements. Since I made my people and my house I don't know the perfect scale. I may be 1:16 or 1:24. If this wardrobe is TOO big by measurements, what would be the right measurements to look for? If I have to build my own and or buy. Does anyone know where a person can buy these nice pieces in smaller scale . I can't trust what the say it is because I looked at pieces labeled 1:12 and they were not even a match with in the same company. So I am afraid of trusting when the say SCALE. Because there are issues with it being off. I love the stuff they make for 1:12 but I can not find smaller matching pieces.
  11. I have been trying to shop for furniture everywhere and I am not sure companies who sell furniture really know scale. I am new to this yet I can clearly see in the hobby store that a table and chairs, were marked 1:12 scale yet the china cabinet was tiny next to the chair and very off but it was also makes 1:12. therefore I am scared about buying online. I want to buy this wardrob and wonder if it is too big and if so where can I get smaller? Also what to look for in measurement to know what size I should really have. I built my own house and made my own people. My people are 3" tall and my doorways are 5" tall. Dollhouse has tall walls like victorian homes. the wardrobe I have picture here is length:7.67 inches (19.5 cm) Width:1.69 inches (4.3 cm) Height:7.48 inches (19 cm) is this too big if so what makes it too large the most ? The width? HELP!!!!
  12. Thank You Beulah! we are enjoying the journey
  13. We are building our own from scratch......lol been very interesting! Thank you for your complements. ! No my style of dolls are not part of this project. Taking on a dollhouse has always been a desire of mine yet I knew once I decided to do it, it would consume me.....